Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Adhesives on an airplane

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I'm just curious… this is a question for all you ladies that travel to camps and crops – what adhesive do you bring on an airplane? I was told I can't bring any of my liquid Helmar or Beacon adhesives for an upcoming trip because it is banned (due to being highly flammable). Not even for checked baggage. Do I need to resort to going back to glue sticks and tape runners?

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I have taken my liquid adhesives on the plane. They have been in my checked luggage.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Me too. As long as it's in checked luggage, you should be fine. 🙂

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

If you take FabriTac, make sure you double wrap it in a plastic bag. When we went to the Anna class in CA, Krissy packed FabriTac and Glossy Accents in the same bag, and the FabriTac opened up and ate through the Glossy Accents!

If you take FabriTac, make sure you double wrap it in a plastic bag. When we went to the Anna class in CA, Krissy packed FabriTac and Glossy Accents in the same bag, and the FabriTac opened up and ate through the Glossy Accents!

OMG! You know what… it may be a Canadian policy that we can't bring liquid adhesives. They might let me into to USA with it but not bring it back home.

Snagg1
            Send PM

I've flown with adhesives in checked luggage but not inteationally. Good luck Vicky.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Yes, it must be a Canadian policy, Vicky.

I do pack mine in the checked luggage, wrapped in a thicker baggie. The TSA did go through my stuff once and never took it out, so it's okay.

A thought: why not pack one or two of the sample-sized bottles? I know that Beacon doesn't sell them, but Aileen's does as part of a 5-bottle variety pack.

It's stupid you can bring a sharp metal crochet hook directly onto the plane with you… but not liquid glue in your checked luggage – because the bottles say flammable. I have heard of sniffing glue but not blowing up a plan with it.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Well, you never know what can happen in the luggage belly of the plane, but even if you didn't bring glue, there are other flammable things like hairspray and what not. I think it is kind of dumb. I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to travel with it in the US either. The worst that would happen is that the TSA would take it from your bag and throw it away??

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I've also flown with liquid adhesives in checked luggage with no problem. As some of the ladies can tell you the TSA LOVES to go through my bags and they haven't taken anything.

So what are you going to do, vicky?

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I've also flown with liquid adhesives in checked luggage with no problem. As some of the ladies can tell you the TSA LOVES to go through my bags and they haven't taken anything.

LOL, true that.

[quote]

LOL, true that.
                    [/quote]

I will take my chances with one small, sealed bottle of Beacon. I won't bring my Helmar since it is so damn hard to find here in Canada (and way more expensive!).

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

[quote]

LOL, true that.
                      [/quote]

I get a TSA card every time too. I wish they'd pack it all back up as nicely as they found it. ;)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.