Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Technique & Project Kits Altered bottle carrier tutorial

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I'm here today to share a tutorial on how to alter a bottle carrier. I plan on using this as a Christmas gift. It was quick and easy to do. I'm going to take you step by step through my process with pictures. Here is the completed project.

[img:width=284&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1419107579_131_FT0_img_9203.jpg[/img]

Another view.

[img:width=266&height=600]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1419107614_131_FT0_img_9206.jpg[/img]

Here is the top of it.

[img:width=600&height=517]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1419107641_131_FT0_img_9196.jpg[/img]

First gather your supplies. Here are the papers I used.

IMG_9131.jpg

For this particular carrier, my 12×12 sheet wasn't long enough to go all the way around, so I cut a coordinating sheet about an inch and half. I border punched one side of it and glued the other side on the inside of my 12×12 piece of paper, like this.

IMG_9120.jpg

**QUICK TIP**
      To get my paper to curl a bit so It would lay flat on my carrier, I misted it a tiny bit with water and the rolled it up into the carrier for a few minutes.

Now that I have my paper all set (I had to cut an inch off the top, as my carrier is only 11 tall), I started gluing the paper all the way around. While gluing use a brayer to help get the wrinkles out of your paper. Here it is all glued down.

IMG_9122.jpg

Here is the back side (I got a few wrinkles).

IMG_9125.jpg

Ok, set that aside, we are going to work on the top.

IMG_9126.jpg

I cut a circle from my paper and inked the edges with moss green paper soft (I love that stuff. Must get more colors, lol.)

IMG_9137.jpg

Now, on to the sides. You are going to have the same problem with the paper not covering completely, so I cut another strip, just like the bottom one, and border punched it the same way and attached it. I inked these edges as well.

IMG_9138.jpg

No comes the really fun part, decorating it. I added lots of flowers and ribbon to the top. Please a few clear crystals and you can't forget the tag.

IMG_9168.jpg

I misted the seambinding ribbon with snow queen glimmer mist and scrunched it as I dried it to get that look.

IMG_9163.jpg

IMG_9174.jpg

Once I was satisfied with the top. It was time to do the bottom. Since the top was all fancy, I kept the bottom kinda simple. I just went with some bling. You have to have some bling for the Holidays right?

I added some bling swirls to the front and called it done.

IMG_9191.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed my quick tutorial. If you have any questions, please ask.

Happy Holidays.

Snagg1
        Send PM

This is gorgeous! I love it, I think I would probably like the package more than the gift ;) I'm not a big drinker. Great job and awesome tut!

WHat a great idea for a gift Kim. I love it! Thank you for this tut!

Fab tutorial and such an amazing project! Tfs!!!

Awesome tutorial, Kim! What a beautiful way to present a gift!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Love it Kim, really pretty! Thanks for the Tut

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Kim, this is such a cool idea and your example is just gorgeous!!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Great tutoial Kim, it looks so pretty!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

This is fantastic, Kim!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.