Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Anatomy of a Layout Anatomy of a Layout – Beau Jardin

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  NanciOgilvie 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Hey everyone!!

This month it's my tu to do the anatomy! Yay!!! I thought and thought about what to do, because when I saw that fabulous, sequined blingy blue vine I knew exactly the picture I wanted to use with it!! I wanted something artsy, kinda funky!! This is what I came up with!

[img:width=500&height=502]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1320640929_66_FT0_anatomy_1.jpg[/img]

I used an old Martha Stewart punch, my trusty rusty edge distresser, black ink, Denim and Indian Co Glimmer Mist and that FABULOUS chicken wire mask, which I LOVE to pieces!!! I distressed the white paper here with the distresser and glued it onto a piece of black cardstock.

[img:width=500&height=492]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1320641243_66_FT0_anatomy_2.jpg[/img]

I didn't get the cardstock add on because I wasn't quick enough (Savages!!) So I used a piece of paper that I had that was close in color, and punched all the way around it. Then I glued it on top of the white paper.

[img:width=500&height=525]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1320641372_66_FT0_anatomy_3.jpg[/img]

Then I laid the mask down on the lined paper we got in the kit and misted with the Denim Glimmer Mist. Then I misted over it with the Indian Co. After the mist was right, I punched all the way around it.

[img:width=550&height=480]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1320641724_66_FT0_anatomy_4.jpg[/img]

When I punched the paper, I punched it , then punched over it again in random spots. I wanted it messy and to up looking.

[img:width=500&height=504]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1320641962_66_FT0_anatomy_5.jpg[/img]

Then I glued that paper on top of the red one. The misting caused the paper to warp really bad, so I used a lot of Zip Dry glue and used a brayer to get it flat. I kinda lifted up the punched edges a little to get a more textured look.

Ok, that takes care of the background!! Now, on to the embelishments…

[img:width=500&height=505]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1320642317_66_FT0_anatomy_6.jpg[/img]

I had fun with the rub-ons!!! First I rubbed the small tower on a piece of transparency paper. If you look a the flowers on yours, you will see that they are green. Although pretty, not the color I needed. So, after I rubbed it, I colored the flowers with the Indian Co Glimmer mist. I used a very small paint brush, let it set a few minuted then dabbed it off randomly with a q-tip, still leaving color on and around the flowers. Then I scanned it into my computer and printed it out 8×10 on transparency paper. Did it twice so I could get more flowers. I also scanned the phrase and the butterflies so I could print them out bigger. Here you see the original small rubs and the larger scans.

[img:width=500&height=511]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1320643015_66_FT0_anatomy_7.jpg[/img]

Here are the flowers I used and that fabulous sequined vine!!! I changed the color of the butterflies in photo shop. The original ones were green.. Again, pretty, but not the color I needed. I used some glossy accents and Diamond Dust on the wings to get them sparkly like the vine.

And when I took all that and thew it on a layout, here's what happened!!!

[img:width=500&height=499]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1320643417_66_FT0_anatomy_i_do_043.jpg[/img]

The shoes in this pic are the shoes my niece wore on her wedding day last July. I thought they were so awesome that I had to get this pic! Her sister in law is a scrapper, and she is the one who put the bling on them!!

Robin, this is gorgeous! Love all the stuff you did to make the rub-ons work for you! The punchwork and the misting and masking is awesome! Thanks for sharing how you did it all!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Gorgeous LO, Robin! Thanks for the detailed instructions, I really appreciate the time you take.

Wow Wow Wow…… WHat an STUNNING page Robin!!!! Thank you for this wonderful tutorial. I love the enlarging of the rubons, definitly will give that a try.

Fanfreekintastic details on the transparencies!!! The LO is beautiful!!

Beautiful layout!

Snagg1
          Send PM

I love how you changed the size of the rub ons. You realy are the queen of transparencies!! Brilliant!

Gorgeous page too!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Absolutely stunning! I love the words on the shoes. Everthing fits perfectly.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh that transparency trick, wow! What a fantastic layout and tons of great ideas. Thanks!

Everytime I see such a great idea I think….now why didn't I think of that!!!???
              Love the transparencie trick. Thanks for sharing!!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Thanks very much Robin, it's beautiful and very creative.

@ Debbie: i
                I'm exactly like you, hehe…

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Robin, you never cease to amaze me! Gorgeous layout! I'm in awe of the shoe photo! Thanks for sharing the techniques!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Robin, what they all said and more about the rubs and transparencies.
                    I never would have thought to (1)change the color and to(2)scan and resize. Thanks so much for sharing this awesome idea!!!!!

Stunning!!!!!!!!! page, btw!!!!!!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Robin, I'm so excited to 'lift' this layout since my son and dil got married in Sept and I have a pic of the shoes she wore too…..they also went to Paris for their honeymoon.,..can't wait to use this kit!!!!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

& Kathy, I can't wait to see!!!!!! (Please?)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.