Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Anatomy of a Layout Anatomy of a Layout – Grandma's Garden Kit

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

A photo tutorial by: Robin Schelin

Using the May, 2011 collection – Grandma's Garden

Swirlydoos

Anatomy-of-a-Layout by Robin Schelin

1. I used Magical Micas to paint the  DA birdcage and the Color Me Crazy hearts.  For the birdcage, I used 2 coats of Cattail Copper Brown and 2 coats of  Ponderosa Pine Green.  I also used a little bit of Copper alcohol ink with the green to try to shade it a little. Then added the  rhinestones that came in the kit.   I used the Cattail Copper Brown on the  hearts.

I used the chalkboard Apricot Nector mist on the Color Me Crazy frame, inked the edges with Color Box Chesnut chalk ink,  then punched holes around it with a cropadile.  Then I weaved the ribbon through.  I didn't have enough ribbon to weave all the way through, because I used some on another project.  Was a little worried I wouldn't have enough  left for this!!  lol!!   But the pic covered the nekked holes , so all's good!

The butterflies are from Lisa's fabulous collection for the May kit.  The colors of these particular butterflies were too vivid and to blueish green for what I wanted, so I changed the hue in photoshop to be more soft and subtle.

width=400

2. Here are all the flowers that I used. I also added some Petaloo flower stems that I had to use as fillers.  I scanned the beautiful floral transparancy that was in the kit and printed it out a few times, 2 a little bigger, and one smaller than the original.  I also cut up some bling.

width=400

3. Ok, now to start putting it all together…First I distressed the edges of the background  papers and the top circle with the zutter.  I used a regular edge distresser on the orange background circle instead of the zutter because I wanted a less distressed look for some contrast.Then I inked lightly over all the edges with  Color BoxChesnut Chalk ink, then I  folded down and rolled down the edges on the top and bottom of the pp.

width=400

4. I placed the 2 larger transparanices I made under the circle on the  left side before glueing the circles down.  Then I glued the birdcage down,  I glued the smaller transparancy under the circle on the bottom right side and then glued the original transparancy on top of the circle on the upper right.

width=400

5.  I added the frame and the picture, placing the 2 hearts lightly under the picture on the right side.  After the picture was in, I added the bow

width=400

6. Then I put down the bling,  and  then the flowers along the left side, bottom right of the circle and inside the fold on the top of the page.  I made the title in my word processer, and printed it out on transparancy paper.  (In case any of you were wondering WHY I would title a page Chocolat, I will tell you….When Krissy took this pic of Ashli, she editied it in the most beautiful brown tone, and SHE sent it to me with the caption chocolate undeeath it!!  It absoltuely fit the pic because the color looked like chocolate!  So that is why I titled it Chocolat–in the French! lol!!!)

Lastly I added the butterflies!  And there you have it!!!

width=400
      Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

that is just unreal gorgeous wow!!!!!!!!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Wonderful!! Thanks!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Wow! Gorgeous! Love to see how you put this together, Robin. tfs.

Stunning Robin! I'm going to lift this one too.

Oh My!!! That is so gorgeous! TFS!

Snagg1
            Send PM

So great to see the step by step-thanks! It's lovely!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

This is gorgeous!

Wonderful layout. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your scrappy wisdom.

Stunning Robin! I'm going to lift this one too.

Ditto! me 3!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Wowzer…simply stunning!

Love it! Beautiful!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

On its own, such a stunning layout, step-by-step, even more awesome!!!
                  Thanks for sharing, Robin!!!

(And DUH, scanning the transparency and resizing it, yes, I never thought of that!!!)

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Yeah, I'm lifting this! aarobin, you really are a scrapbooking goddess! I love everything about this!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Rae, I was thinking the same thing. I love this layout

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.