Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Anatomy of a Layout Anatomy of a Layout- January 2014- Shabby Chalet

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I created this page using our brandnew January, Shabby Chalet, kit.

IMG_0863m_zps4f742ed5.jpg

And here's how it came together:

0_zpsbf189732.jpg
    I started this page with a tan colored cardstock, which was not the right color, but I changed it by brushing on some Glimmer Mist on the edges.

1_zps5905711b.jpg
    Then, I cut this piece of PP and distessed the edges.

IMG_0835mo_zps55482b6b.jpg
    I made some slits, because I wanted to use those chairs as buckles.

IMG_0836m_zpsd23e683c.jpg
    I cut a few strips of the lace, and run them through the slits.

IMG_0837m_zps072c9163.jpg
    And I adhered this first layer to my cardstock.

IMG_0840m_zpse5998e87.jpg
    Then I selected these 2 pieces of PP, and trimmed them down

IMG_0841m_zpse787d0a1.jpg
    I distressed the edges and glued the second layer down.

IMG_0842m_zps385e0e99.jpg
    I flipped the beautiful flower design over and made some marks at 0.75 to make a fold.

IMG_0843m_zps4b9fa86b.jpg
    I folded it over, using my ruler as a guide.

IMG_0844m_zpsaaa3c333.jpg
    Then the little strip was glued to the back of my cardstock, like this

IMG_0845m_zpsc662754e.jpg
    And the rest was glued as a pocket. (giant one) I only added glue to the sides.

IMG_0850m_zpsecbeb9c8.jpg
    I took 2 old book pages (different sizes)

IMG_0852m_zps410ea5a7.jpg
    Tore them down a little, inked the edges, layered them together and glued them down like this.

IMG_0849m_zps8a28a67b.jpg
    The chipboard frame that came in the kit, I cut it apart and painted it white, using acrylic paint.

IMG_0851m_zpsfe02774a.jpg
    These little tags were cut from a Petaloo packaging.

IMG_0854m_zpsf9999000.jpg
    I placed my picture and added the (cut down) frame to it. I wrapped some brown thread around my finger to create the bows for my tags, and slided the tags into the pocket. Then I added that beautiful Prima Resin clock to the side of my picture.

IMG_0855m_zpsa19881c8.jpg
    ***Never throw away little snippets of lace, you can always use them.****
    I glued a 3 little pieces in my distressed and curled back paper.

IMG_0856m_zps28230493.jpg
    Here's another sample of using little left-over pieces of trim. I cut them in about equal sizes and I picked 3 buttons that I wanted to use.

IMG_0857m_zps82195a91.jpg
    I placed them at the bottom of the page, and stitched down the buttons.

IMG_0858m_zps1dd3e533.jpg
    Just above the photo, I added the othe piece of the chipboard frame. I did change up the color, to brown, using Archival ink (Coffee) And I added a few splatters, using Lindy's mists. I also took 3 leftover (from past Swirlydoos kits) flowers, and placed them on the strips of lace at the top. If I had a flower punch, I would have punched the flowers out of the design papers, to get the PERFECT matching flowers.

IMG_0859m_zpsd6b7e065.jpg
    For my title, I used these stickers that came in a earlier Swirlydoos kit, I simply cut down the words that I needed.

IMG_0862m_zpse732c88a.jpg
    And placed them like this.

IMG_0860m_zps50d254a9.jpg
    I painted one of the many clocks, (love them) cut it in half and glued it right under the lace.

IMG_0867mo_zps7eda85ea.jpg
    And I called it done.

so adorable! thanks for the step by step Paulien!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Thanks for the step by step Paulien. Great layout.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Fantastic page, Paulien!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Love this Paulien, thanks for sharing!

Phenomenal! Coming soon to a Scraplift near you. I know I have some pics in my stash that would look great on a similar layout:)

Snagg1
            Send PM

Great BAP! I love the buttons!

Beautiful layout, Paulien.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Thanks Paulien! Love how you think out of the box…such interesting techniques…I am going to start scrapping my boys when they were young so I really have my eyes on boy LO's. I am at a loss on embellishments to soften them.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

OMG!! The chairs as buckles….Paulien you are a genius! How do you see things like that!?!?!?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Paulien, this is totally stunning!!!! I love the layers and the pocket on the bottom, the clocks and the way you used the frames; most of all, I love what you did with the chairs and the lace – what a fantastic idea!!!!!!

Fantastic LO, Paulien! Love how you used the chairs for buckles and all the lace and buttons! Thanks so much for the tutorial!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Adorable Paulien and soooooo creative.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.