Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Anatomy of a Layout Anatomy of A Layout *** So Chic ***

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

This page was made, using the Main kit.

UniqueLovepage600.jpg

**************************************************************************************

1-12.jpg

I used this paper for my fussy cut design.

2-12.jpg

Cut out the middlest part of the paper + 1 extra

3-12.jpg

You can find this part at the rigth side of the paper. Fussy cut it. I used my exacto knife for this.

4-12.jpg

At the brances I cut a little wider that the image itself

5-10.jpg

I made a little puddle of Peeled Paint Distress ink and water. Then I took a small paintbrush and painted over the brances/stems

6-11.jpg

No one will notice that you cut it a litte wider.

7-11.jpg

I added some Tattered Rose and Victorian Velvet Distress ink to my cut out design and made my marks on the back ground paper, where to glue it down.

8-10.jpg

I glued my paper down and matted my picture (only half of it) and glued it down too.

9-10.jpg

I teared a strip of paper and glued it down. Also a strip of lace at the side of my picture and (overlapping) the to piece of paper. (this paper is the backside of the paper which I did my fussy cutting)

10-7.jpg

I took this barcode strip and cut the word and the color block. I only used the ANIQUE part of the word.
    The heart was cut from the paper design. This all, gave me the next embellishment

11-10.jpg

to change the word ANique in Unique I added some paint at the top of the A

12-10.jpg

For my rolled roses: I drew a circle about 2.5 inch wide and then cut it out. Didn't cut straight lines

13-10.jpg

I cut it into a spiral. Frayed the edges and started ro roll them from the outside in.

14-9.jpg

Here they are close up.

15-8.jpg

I fussy cut this strip to use it as lace at the top of my page. When you slightly mist your strip it is easier to distress it. After it was dry, I inked it – added some Diamond Stickles and used some liquid pearls.

detailpearls.jpg

I distressed and inked all my edges, using Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain Distress ink.

17-7.jpg

I embossed my fussy cut Blossoms

18-6.jpg

Glued them down, as well as my roses and a few other flowers that came in the kit.
    I cut up my Prima Bling and added a few of the swirls and tiny bling circles.
    I also added the lock box and key at the right side of my picture and of course I placed the second half of my title. and I was done.

I hope you like this page and realy it is okay to NOT perfectly cut you images. Inks will give us a great option to discover it. Honestly… I like some of that water coloring on fussy cut images.

UniqueLovepage600.jpg

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

This is so awesome Paulien!! Lovin' all that fussy cutting, girl!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

My word Paulies this is stunning!!!! Beautiful!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

So very LOVELY Paulien!!!

I've been checking every day for the anatomy of a layout thread for this month…and I'm happy it is finally here and well worth the wait…this is just gorgeous. Love all the techniques. very clever how you got the word unique and love all the fussy cutting ( cannot use an exacto to save my life). This is just gorgeous..lovely photo too.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Lovely Paulien!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I love this layout Paulien, great use of the bottom of the paper strip for the word unique, so clever!

I've been checking every day for the anatomy of a layout thread for this month…and I'm happy it is finally here and well worth the wait…this is just gorgeous. Love all the techniques. very clever how you got the word unique and love all the fussy cutting ( cannot use an exacto to save my life). This is just gorgeous..lovely photo too.

Thank you ladies for you sweet words.

Jeannie, (actually, to everyone) I'm so sorry for making you check everyday for the anatomy page…
            My Kit came to me on reveal day. I was away for the weekend, so I openened it on the monday after. But I'm so so sorry for making you girls wait.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Paulien, don't apologize, we DO understand mail delays!!!!
              And this page is so worth the wait, with your gorgeous design and fussy cutting and distressing and your brilliant ideas with the lace on top and (my very favorite) the clever idea with the title, what a marvelous idea!!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Fabulous LO, Paulien!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Beautiful!!!!!!!

This is such a gorgeous LO! Thanks for sharing with us the how-to's! So many great ideas!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Wow Pauline you keep amazing me.

Love it! You just tore that UP!! ;D ;D

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Paulien….my gosh girl, you are so very creative! I love all the techniques and fussy cutting. Thank you for sharing. Stunning layout!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.