Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Anatomy of a Layout Anatomy Of A Layout *** Whispers of Spring ***

This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  LindaDriggs 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Hello everyone! I hope you had wonderful Easter!
      Today I have a pleasure to show you my very first Swirlydoos Anatomy Of A Layout tutorial – please forgive me if you will find some mistakes, I hope my step by step instructions will be understandable for you all!
      So let's start!

Here is the layout, made using the Main Kit:

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA1.jpg

1. Among the papers from the main kit, you will find one that has a wide strip of the printed book patte. I cutted out this strip and decorated the edges using border punch with the scalloped motif.

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA1.jpg

2. Then prepare two wide strips from the Bo Bunny brown paper with polka dots patte – the whole size must fit 12 x 12, so my brown strips of papers have a 3.5-inch height. Now we should adhere 3 pieces of papers to make a layout background, right? I used quick-dry glue but you can use any type of glue or adhesive tape you want.

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA2.jpg

3. Now we have a background and I called this level as a first layer.

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA3.jpg

4. The next step is to prepare a photo and photo matting. I cropped my photo to match one of the gorgeous joualing cards from the Kit and used joualing card as a photo matting – easy, huh? You can stick the photo with its matt to background using 3d foam tape or glue dots (just make a 3d effect), as I did:

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA4.jpg

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA5.jpg

5. Place the photo in the centre of the page, something about a 1,5 inches from the top of the background sheet. For the background for my title I choosed another joualing card, inked the edges and placed under the photo, in the center of the page.

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA6.jpg

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA7.jpg

6. Then I started create some additional elements, it’s always good to make a few or more handmade embellies, even if these are very simple (as mine!). I used scalloped circle punch to make some circles from glittered paper, then I used another punch to make a smaller circles and now you can stick them together using 3d tape or something else to make a more dimensional effect.

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA8.jpg

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA9.jpg

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA10.jpg

7. Now place the circles as you can see on the below photo.

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA11.jpg

8. Split SIIP onto two parts and put gently on the page, it’s not matter if part of the decoration do not stick to the background – this will look even better, with more delicate, “airy” effect.

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA12.jpg

9. Now look at your Main Kit papers, it’s easy to find the one patte with lots of small labels – find such one with the horse and beautiful saying – it will be our title! Cut out carefully the title and place it in the centre of our joualing card, which we prepared as a title background. Find some patteed strips among your papers – I used them for making a decorative strips above the photo and under the title.

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA14.jpg

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA14A.jpg

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA15.jpg

10. Phewww… it’s almost done, but… we can add some more layers here! And flowers – of course! My finish touch are delicate leaves – you can use punch or your dies (as I did). Cut out a several leaves or branch and place them with the flowers from the Kit. It seems that we have done!

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA16.jpg

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA17.jpg

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA18.jpg

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA1.jpg

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA2.jpg

ANATOMY_LO_KAROLA3.jpg

Thank you so much for letting me share a few of my ideas how to make a layout, can’t wait to see your versions! If you use my step by step tutorial as inspirations – please upload your beautiful page here in this thread!

[img:width=600&height=579]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1333968767_956_FT0_anatomy_lo_karola1.jpg[/img]

WHat an AMAZING page and perfect instructions. Thank you so much Karola!!!!!!!

GORGEOUS! ;D Thanks for the tut! Def easy to follow!

Snagg1
        Send PM

OMW Karola! You are a natural! Wonderfully written. Your work is so inspirational. Thank you!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Karola, Your LO is sooooooo Beautiful and elegant, Love everything. You instructions are so easy to follow…….. Thank YOu soooo much…

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Amazing! Such a beautiful design!!

Gorgeous LO, Karola! Thanks so much for sharing the instructions with us!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

such a gorgeous page .. and inspiring tutorial!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh, perfection!!!! So inspiring ! Thank you, Karola!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Karola, this page is just stunning!!!! And your tutorial is just perfect!!!!
                  Thank you so very much!!!!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Karola this layout is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your step by step tutorial – very easy to follow.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Gorgeous layout Karola, I am definitely trying this one out!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Stunning page and very easy to follow directions. Gonna have to try it.

I will definitely be trying this one too! 🙂

genius!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.