Home Forums Scrap Chat Swaps Annual Christmas Card Exchange ~~~ Tell Us What You've Received!!!!!

This topic contains 160 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 162 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

In the past, we’ve had a holiday swap: an exchange of cards, tags and ATCs.
      They’ve been a huge success; I and all of the others who have participated treasure the gorgeous handmade creations that we’ve received in our mailboxes.
      We skipped it last year because a certain person had a damaged wing. I'd like to revive it this year if enough of you are interested.

For those who’ve never participated, here’s how it works:

If you want to join in, please let me know in this thread.

As soon as you’ve signed up, PM me with your email and your full mailing address.

We’ll take signups through November 11. This will give you all plenty of time to make your cards/tags/ATCs.

As I receive your information, I’ll put it all together and email each participant a full list of names and addresses.

You will be expected to make and send a card to everyone who signs up. I can’t give you a mailing deadline, but please remember that we do want to make sure that our cards make to the recipients in time for the holidays.

A few of you (and one DH) have expressed conces in the past about the number of cards that you're committing to.

While it's impossible to tell how many will sign up here, judging from the past three swaps, we're looking at around 12 – 15. Now, that is NOT a firm number; IF hoards of you end up deciding to join, I can always randomly assign a limited number to everyone. (I'd love feedback on that, please.)
      BTW, I did make a lot of cards for the past several years to send out to family and friends along with those that I sent out for the swap. I discovered very early on that the trick is assembly line: come up with 4 – 5 designs and make lots of each. I ended up with some really nice cards and did it all in under a week.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

sign me up girlie 🙂

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Sign me up! And, as far as it goes, I would like a limit if we get a huge response. 12-15 sounds doable but more would make me wanna quit!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Jan, 12 – 15 is all that anyone can handle, lol. No, if we get more signups than that, I'll make sure that we all give and get a dozen or so.

BTW, I mentioned tags and ATCs. These count as well. Basically, it's whatever you feel like making and sending.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Sign me up, Pegs! I'm hoping for around 15 too, but we can work it out if it gets big.

Snagg1
              Send PM

I'm in!

I'm in, Peggy! Thanks for organizing!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Me too! Me too! I'm in!!!

Last year I mass-produced cards for my knitting group and swore never again, BUT…I can't resist the temptation of getting a bunch of beautiful cards/tags,ATCs in my mailbox. I'm in!

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Peggy is is just cards like you said here:

You will be expected to make and send a card to everyone who signs up. I can’t give you a mailing deadline, but please remember that we do want to make sure that our cards make to the recipients in time for the holidays.

Or is it tags, cards and atcs?

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

BTW, I mentioned tags and ATCs. These count as well. Basically, it's whatever you feel like making and sending.

Kimberly, Peggy said we can make whichever we feel like making 🙂

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do yet – cards or ATCs

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Hmmmm don't know if I can make 15 cards or tags etc.????? Hmmmmmm I have to ponder this for a while. Oh hell, sign me up, I have tons of Christmas paper I need to use up. Assembly line sounds like the way to go.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I so want to do this, but I think 15 maybe too rich for my blood. Shit, what the hell, I'm in.

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Yes, Kimberly, you make your choice of cards, tags OR atc's; I'm sorry that I wasn't clear!!!!

Okay, counting me, we have 10 signups; Kimberly did you want to play along?

I so want to do this, but I think 15 maybe too rich for my blood. Shit, what the hell, I'm in.

lol! That was my reaction!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 162 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.