Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Anyone know how to do a stained glass technique?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Snagg1 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

so…say I have a piece of dusty attic chipboard and I want to fill a few of the the holes and do a stained glass look, kinda looks like a tiffany lamp (the stained glass that is..)
    So I'm thinking, I can use mica's, or even smooches, copics, etc… in different colors and Tim Hotz's clear crackle paint…the problem is..I need to fill the cutouts and that my dears is where I'm stuck…any ideas?
    I don't own utee…so…lol if your thinking uetee…would something else work?

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Why not use Glossy Accents? Just fill the hole and maybe add a drop of alcohol ink for color.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I used Glossy Accents on my DA lamppost. I put vellum on the back first to keep the GA inside.

Snagg1
        Send PM

Use a transparency and alcohol ink…..it ends up just mah-velous dah-ling!

Oh, Jan….stunning LO! Love the lamp post and all the other embellies….Very pretty!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Gorgeous layout Jan, I love that lamppost and brick stamp

oh what a great idea! I never thought of using a transperency! Jan that lamp post is to die for…now I'm wanting a lamp post! lol…

Snagg1
            Send PM

oh what a great idea! I never thought of using a transperency! Jan that lamp post is to die for…now I'm wanting a lamp post! lol…

Also, Wendy G, who is a subscriber here, has a tutorial on her blog for a stained glass effect that is HOT HOT HOT. Here is a link to the technique http://wendysscrappincoer.blogspot.com/2011/03/tutorial-stained-glass-background.html

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.