Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Anyone notice

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

that Michaels is now selling what must be mfg. by Prima under their brandname, Recollections? My M's has a whole new display of flowers, borders, trims and it all looks like older Prima. I recognized a felt border that was branded Prima when I bot it, some crocheted trim that I bot a while ago and that we got in one of our kits this past summer, flowers that are just like Prima's. Must be old Prima! Interesting…

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I've noticed this. My M's has had it for while – even the little rosebud flowers. I just thought they were copying Prima. Never thought that it would be them under another name ;D

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I've noticed this. My M's has had it for while – even the little rosebud flowers. I just thought they were copying Prima. Never thought that it would be them under another name ;D

Yes, I thought copying too but now am wondering if they're using the same Mfg. I mean exactly the same felt border, colors etc. My M's sucks big time, it really is an awful store, they have had flowers only for less than a year now. But they just added this section with more flowers, bling, felt borders, lace trims etc. all of which looks just like Prima. so now we know where Prima goes to die, M's! LOL!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Ya I used one butterfly on my HUGGS layout…that is a Recolectoins but has the Prima symbol on the can it came in.

Hey at least we can use a coupon on it if we really like something! ;D

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Nope, Michaels has signed an exclusive contract with Prima. Prima designs the products, Prima manufacturers the product under similar packaging – but in Michael's Brand – Michael's gets a huge discount (but doesn't pass it on to you) and so goes the story….

– Michael's gets a huge discount (but doesn't pass it on to you) and so goes the story….

oh you mean the way they usually operate???

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Nope, Michaels has signed an exclusive contract with Prima. Prima designs the products, Prima manufacturers the product under similar packaging – but in Michael's Brand – Michael's gets a huge discount (but doesn't pass it on to you) and so goes the story….

I sort of thought that might be the story.

I have recently bought those tins of the Recollections roses. Those pink ones I just had to have. Those looked like they would be a perfect match to the Annalee kit we had for spotlight. Now, I just need to sit and use it all!!

Yep, I did notice it as well. I thought they were buying the rejects and selling them. Now I know!

that's what i always figured it was. it's like any grocery store, when they have their house brand, or no name or bulk products, it's actually brand name stuff, with out the packaging. it's the same product.

I noticed that yesterday. Even the gem blingy flourishes with the touches of lace. Amazing.

Snagg1
                Send PM

ummm, I bought some of that last night. I found that they had the same pearl flourishes with the lace and the same crocheted trim.

At least we can use our coupon with M and not with Prima. I've not bought anything for months. I haven't used what I got from my favorite place…Swirlydoos ….yet!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

At least we can use our coupon with M and not with Prima. I've not bought anything for months. I haven't used what I got from my favorite place…Swirlydoos ….yet!

But your dogs have! LOL When you are going to start posting pics of their art? LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.