Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges April 2017 "Clean and Simple" but Swirly Style RR *WINNER POSTED*

This topic contains 106 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by StephD StephD 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    QT
    QT
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Anne – a sweet photo.. Beautiful layout. And I love the design with the chipboard. I will start lifting this tonight.

Peggy- I love twin photos… And the blue circle chipboard and punching. Cute & fun layout!

Bec- gorgeous layout with the photo inside the chipboard

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Thanks all!!!
        QT, Linda and Rae – you’re up next and I know that your lifts are going to be awesome!!!!
        I’m looking forward to seeing them (and a sneak or two would be great!)

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
        Peggy
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Wait – what????? It’s Sunday evening and not even ONE sneak???

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

RAE
          RAE
          Swirly Moderator
            Send PM

Here’s mine following Bec:

I didn’t have that fabulous DA chipboard that Bec used, but I chose one that kinda works. I also tried to stick to using color like Bec did. I probably would have colored the chipboard brown, but I’m glad I didn’t because I love the green. I have to say that the clean and simple style is hard for me- I wanted to distress stuff and add some stenciling, but I resisted. 🙂

droopidog
            droopidog
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Woo Hoo Rae, I can’t wait to lift this. Great job at leaving white space!

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by droopidog droopidog.

Kim
              My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/

"Puff, Puff, Pass"
              http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopido

Merrihew
              Merrihew
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Oh, Rae! This is gorgeous! I think you rocked the clean and simple style!

lindapekrul
                lindapekrul
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I was going through my photos a few weeks ago, looking for images to include in a mini album, when these caught my eye and I copied them into my “To Do” folder, determined to use them as soon as possible. I’m going to confess that they are NOT Spring pictures (they are part of a series of a First Birthday photo shoot, taken in September 2014), but the colors are perfect and they certainly are fun!

Such a cute, fun layout Peggy! It was a pleasure to follow it!

lindapekrul
                  lindapekrul
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Team 1 Week 1 – GO!!!
                    This is my little grandson Zachary…what a bathing beauty…lol
                    Kept it as clean and simple as I could. Chippy is splat gesso’d then sprayed with Tattered Angels. I used the March “Indigo Dreams” Swirly kit along with some Prima and 49 & Market flowers then topped it off with a Tim Holtz “You” bulb.
                    You - Bathing Beauty

Wow Annie! You combined a lot of pattern in a fabulous way! Completely wonderful!

lindapekrul
                    lindapekrul
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I love the green as well Rae! This is such a beautiful layout! I think you “rock” clean and simple!

lindapekrul
                      lindapekrul
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I forgot to look at the twists when I did this, but just checked and managed to get a couple by pure luck. This little puppy has arrived at my grandchildren’s house right at the beginning of spring… which makes for happy walks in the sunshine and lots of love and fun.

I wanted to use these photos to follow Peggy’s use of her adorable grandchildren. I’m rearranging my scrap room right now and discovered my Martha Stewart punch is trapped behind a tower of shelves, so I turned to my cricut to try and recreate Peggy’s layout. The border was cut with it, as are the hearts and the title.

I used the beautiful “Vintage Winter” kit from December. Strategic placement of the bird covered up a snowflake. 🙂 I did use a little Distress Oxide “broken china” to colour the hearts to match the bird and flowers, and also around the edges of the tags. I loved the little frames that were in the kit, so I just sized my photos to fit them. The blue cardstock mats that are behind them, are the pearlized cardstock that came with the kit. I flipped them over because I liked the deeper blue behind the frames.

This little puppy is an 8 week old German Shepherd. I was dog-sitting him yesterday for the first time and let me tell you… he is a “going” concern! There’s no sitting around and relaxing when he’s in the house. By the time he went home he had my two dogs stressed to the max from biting at their faces and tails. My big dog was constantly “reprimanding” him and I was constantly worried that the “reprimands” might get out of hand. We all just kind of collapsed when he went out the door to go home. LOL

QT
                        QT
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Thank you Annie for a lovely layout to lift. I don’t know why simple and clean was a struggle this week for me. I am thankful it finally came together.

I used the March 2017 kit with an older Swirlydoos kit from May 2015. All the embellies from both kits. I also used an older photo from years ago.

Attachments:
                          You must be logged in to view attached files.
                          msjan1
                          msjan1
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

QT, that turned out pretty. I like how you used the doily and framed the photo with the chippie.

msjan1
                            msjan1
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

Linda, those pictures are so happy! Love the heart die cut behind the photos.

msjan1
                              msjan1
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Beautiful, Rae. That chippie is awesome!

QT
                                QT
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

Rae, your layout is gorgeous.. I love the green chipboard pieces

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.