This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

A lot of people ask what an arch is. I always respond by saying Think of a Gothic window and I get a response of oooooh. I love arches. They are mini pages and present me with the most freedom and at the same time, a great challenge because of it's size. I found these on Roni's blog called Ink Stains. It is a fun blog and I love looking at all of the artwork. It feeds my soul if you know what I mean.

There doesn't seem to be a standard size, like ATCs, but everyone seems to stick with a 6 inch height. You can download these and then print them off. I have used these to make chipboard templates that I use all the time.

**Tip: When I make an arch, I always cut out a piece of chipboard for each project and glue my paper or collage items over it. You need the strength of the chipboard for it to stand up. 🙂

BasicGothicArch.jpg

FancyGothicArch.jpg

HomeSweetHomeArch.jpg

NarrowGothicArch.jpg

Snagg1
        Send PM

I do a lot of arches for SNR. Here are a few examples. I have a lot more but they haven't been published yet, so I can't show them.

SilentNight-1.jpg

MyVintageValentineLV-1.jpg

LovesGreetingLV.jpg

Very cool! Thanks for the templates

These are beautiful, Lisa! Thanks so much for the templates!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Thanks, Lisa, for the templates and for the examples!!!!

Oh what fun we're going to have making these.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

these are fun 🙂 I made this one on a layout I just put in the gallery….my test tag for the challenge
            normal_mom_tag.jpg

Thanks, Lisa! You just put another wrinkle in my brain. I've never thought of using arches??!! What a cool idea. I just love that Valentine with the little girl. So cute!! Your brain must look all wrinkley like Einstein's with all the ideas that you have! TFS!!!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Thanks, Lisa! You just put another wrinkle in my brain. I've never thought of using arches??!! What a cool idea. I just love that Valentine with the little girl. So cute!! Your brain must look all wrinkley like Einstein's with all the ideas that you have! TFS!!!

LMAO!!!! Debbie, you are too funny.

Shona~ How pretty is that?!!! See, they are way too much fun aren't they?! Careful, you may et addicted!!

I just submitted one for SNR's march issues that I am really proud of. It is kind of artsy and I used some new techniques on it. It is one of my favorite arches to date.

Thanks for sharing Lisa!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

oh good luck Lisa …I am sure it is gorgeous!

I have never done these…or even HEARD of them before today. Hmmmm. May be tricky for me.

Manda, I had never heard of them either.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I have never done these…or even HEARD of them before today. Hmmmm. May be tricky for me.

Why would they be tricky? inquiring mind want to know LOL

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I've never done these before!! I'm gonna have to give it shot, they're really neat!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.