Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Are you ready for Christmas?

This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

It's 5pm the day before Christmas Eve here in Sweden.
    For us Christmas Eve is THE day, so I'll be away at my sister's celebrating Christmas tomorrow.
    Everything is ready for the big day.

Where will you celebrate Christmas?

DH and I are going to my mom's for Christmas Day. All of our kids are coming home Dec. 31, so we will do our family Christmas on New Year's Day. That gives me a whole extra week to get ready! Yay!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I am celebrating at home this year, yippeeee….last year drove 2 days to my daughters but this year she came to me 🙂 and I am ready as I can be now 🙂 have a great Christmas 🙂

I just need to finish some wrapping but pretty much done. We go to my moms (next door) on Christmas Eve and exchange gifts. Then on Christmas day my small family open our gifts from each other. ;D

Have fun at your sister's place Camilla!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I have my family tomorrow, 12 in all. Christmas day I have part of the family, 6 of us. I am cooking up a storm!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Christmas Eve will be quiet just DH and me. Christmas moing over to son's to watch DGD open her gifts, then on the DD for Dinner

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

My Christmas is today! Because of mime and my sisters work schedule we have to celebrate when we can. My mom and dad, sister and her son are coming over around 2 and we are doing presents then. After dinner we will all open gifts. None of my kids are going to be here this year, nobody could make it. This is the first Christmas that I have not had ANY of my kids or grandkids!! 🙁

I work tomorrow till 4pm, then meet my DH and kids at my partents house…house full of 6 boys (3 teens, 3 preteens). My parents and unlce and brother will be there. Then we head to my MIL's and we get to see my DH's brother and wife…and his uncle…and parents. We drive an hour home…and wake up…and I have all of those same people coming to my house for dinner….at 4pm. I am baking as we speak!

Happy Holidays!

Robin~ Hugs…I know that is a bummer.

are we ever actually 'ready' for christmas??
          Christmas eve is tradition for my mom's side of the fam, we will be all going to my aunt's place (this is the first time we won't be at my gmom's place, she's 84, and has begrudgingly handed over the reins).
          Christmas day moing is just my ds and dh, and in the evening my parents will join us for fondue – that is my dh's tradition on christmas eve, but we are moving it to christmas day, which works for me, way less work, and very social dinner.

Have a fantastic Christmas, to all my swirly sisters 🙂

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Happy holidays, to ALL!
            I'm nearly ready! We always to Xmas Eve with my family at my house. I'm making Mexican food, and doing the prep work right now.
            On Xmas day, we go to my b-i-l's house to celebrate with dh's family. It's getting harder to go places on Christmas day though- it feels kind of mean to take the kids away from there new toys (video games, etc.), so we only go over for a couple of hours!

Robin that is a bummer…HUGS!!!!!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Awh, too bad Robin! Big hug!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

{{{ROBIN}}}

I'm working on Christmas Eve until the store closes at 7:00. Then back home to clear up any last minute stuff that I forgot and early to bed so I can be up early Christmas moing for the drive with my youngest son to Pennsylvania.

My oldest son and DIL have taken on the hosting position for the past few years, so it will be a large family affair with my DIL's parents, brother and wife and sister, husband and their two children.
                On my side, there's me, Paul, and the middle one, Bob who will be bringing as a guest the woman that he's been seeing to introduce to the family (fingers crossed!!!!!)
                And, best of all, my 19 month old granddaughter will be there!!!!!!!

I'll be coming back home sometime on Sunday afteoon when (hopefully) the traffic dies down.

My Christmas is today! Because of mime and my sisters work schedule we have to celebrate when we can. My mom and dad, sister and her son are coming over around 2 and we are doing presents then. After dinner we will all open gifts. None of my kids are going to be here this year, nobody could make it. This is the first Christmas that I have not had ANY of my kids or grandkids!! 🙁

{{{{hugs}}}}}…I feel ya babe…This will be the first Christmas that I wont have my kids together, no Christmas Eve shindig, no tree, no lights….But it's not bah humbug. This year, we took the nativity out and for once, it will all be about the birth of Christ. Tomorrow Steve and I will have dinner with 14 of our closest friends at our favorite Italian restaurant. The bakery is right in the restaurant. We will all pick out something delish and go back to our house for dessert. Christmas day I work my 12 hour shift…I am grateful for all I have. A wonderful home and family,friends and a job…Nothing to be sad about. 🙂

It is hard when the kids can't come home for Christmas! Lisa, it sounds like you have a wonderful Christmas Eve planned!

Robin, hope your dinner today was wonderful!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.