Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges August 2017 ATF Challenge – Anything Goes!

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by StephD StephD 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Peggy
    Peggy
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Hi, ladies! Yes, you read that right: Anything Goes!!! Well, *almost* anything; read on…

Here’s how this Challenge works: Create a project (scrapbook layout, canvas, card, tag, OTP project, it’s up to you) that includes something that “flutters” – butterflies, dragonflies, bees, ladybugs, birds, fairies – we all have these among our embellies, dies and punches, right? You can use any of your scrappy supplies (one exception: nothing from other kit clubs, please), but you get extra points in the random drawing for using Swirly Stuff.

And now for something different: You don’t need to use your Swirlydoos Kit to play along. However, the inclusion of Swirly Stuff from past kits or from the Boutique (must be at least 50%) will give you a an extra point; ingredients from the July “Sprocket” kit will give you one more. Each month, I’ll be adding a couple of twists – one for the theme and one for the technique. So every entry can count for up to five points when it’s time to pick the random winner.

The Theme: Anything goes! It’s Summer for most of us and it’s a busy time for all of us. As long as you include a flutterby or two, it counts this month.

The Technique: Anything goes! (See above.) Stamping, misting, embossing, splatters, rub-ons, handmade embellies… Just point out what you’ve done with your entry and you’ll get an extra point.

You can share your finished entry here on this thread and in the “August ATF” folder in the Swirlydoos Gallery on Facebook. If you don’t have a Facebook account, no worries; uploading your entry here will still count.

Please note in the description or title that it’s for the “August” ATF Challenge.
      You can enter as many layouts and projects as you wish; in order to “earn” those extra points, please point out the qualifiers (name/month of kit, technique, etc.) in your description.

The Challenge will be open through Thursday, August 31. I’ll be choosing at random the winner of a small RAK and announcing the winner on September 1.

I can’t wait to see what you come up with!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

This card, featuring papers and flowers from the May “Spring Grunge” kit and a garden fairy from my stash, is also featured in the August Card Challenge.
        I (and the other DT Members) will be adding more projects after the Reveal.

Merrihew
        Merrihew
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Love the ATF challenge! Beautiful card!

anniescraps
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Peggy
            Peggy
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Cheryl, Annie, thanks!!!!!!
              I’m looking forward to seeing what you Savages come up with!!!!

Mamadonald
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Here is my LO for the AFT challenge. I used the Lady Belle kit from Feb. 2014. I also used the sketch that came with that kit. I used Heidi Swapp stencil and black gesso to make the hexagons. I used a Prima mask and Pigment ink (coffee bean) to make the bricks. I used a Tim Holtz stencil and Inkadinkado ink (coffee bean) to make the splatters. I used Prima clear stamps and Color Box ink (black) to stamp the honeycomb and writing. I used black gesso to paint behind the Moment paper. I made two flowers, which I misted using Moon Shadow Mist (buccaneer bronze). I embossed the chipboard using Tim Holtz distress embossing powder (vintage photo). I have two butterflies, one is on the trinket and the other one I painted and use glitter on it.

Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Donna, this is absolutely stunning!!!!!

msjan1
                  msjan1
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Great layout, Donna. Lots of wonderful texture on this with all the mediums you used.

Heather
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

great page! stunning

StephD
                      StephD
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Peggy I love your cardn with the cute fairy!

Donna this is another fabulous layout, love it all!

Please visit my blog: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/

StephD
                        StephD
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

My first time entering this challenge now that the rules have changed.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by StephD StephD.

msjan1
                          msjan1
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Love the “peek a boo,” Steph.

Peggy
                            Peggy
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

My first time entering this challenge now that the rules have changed.

Steph, I’m so glad that you’ve joined and what a “first”!!! So beautifully romantic; I just love the photos and your flowers and butterflies are perfect!!!!!

StephD
                              StephD
                              Swirly Scrapper
                                Send PM

Thanks ladies!

Heather
                                Swirly Scrapper
                                  Send PM

love the page steph! perfect.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.