July 28, 2015 at 4:16 am #421783
Okay, ladies! This month the Round Robin Challenge is for CARDS- AUGUST cards, to be exact! Why, what is an AUGUST card, you say? Well, we are using each letter in the word AUGUST to determine what we put on our cards. And, that’s where the fun comes in! Here’s an example of what an AUGUST card may have on it or used to create.
A- Art Anthology paint
U- ugly flowers
U- Urban Market paper line (Teresa Collins)
T- tape runner
So, each letter can have a brand name, collection, tool, media, it doesn’t matter. When you post your cards, tell us what makes up “AUGUST” on your card. It’s supposed to be fun, so if you can’t come up with it, it isn’t going to be a huge deal, but you can get creative and use adjectives to describe something, like I did for the first “U”- ugly. 🙂 You do not have to use the same products as the person before you- you can change it up as you wish. ALSO, you can use more that what you list as your AUGUST supplies!
As always, here’s a run down of the rules for our Round Robin challenges:
1. Please make sure you are doing a lift of the layout posted before you. We need to see some similarity of the previous entry. Provide a brief explanation of HOW your card is a lift of the card from the previous week.
2. Post your card here and in the Swirlydoos Facebook gallery.
3. Be sure to leave LOVE for others.
4. You can use any supplies you wish, you do not have to use Swirlydoos kits. Of course we ALWAYS love to see the savages use our kits!
5. Please be kind to the teammate following you and post your card on SATURDAY so that the next person has time to create their masterpiece (if you are going to have a problem, please pm me as soon as possible). It is ok to post early!
6. Sneaks are always desired!
How it works: we will form teams that each have 4 members. The first member of each team will will create a card to be revealed week 1. The 2nd member of each team will then scrap lift the first teammate’s layout and post on week 2 and so on.
Twists (You will get one extra point for each that you do.)
1. Explain your AUGUST supplies
2. Use a Swirlydoos tutorial- tell which one
Card due dates are on SATURDAY this month to follow our RR card tradition.
July 28, 2015 at 4:18 am #421786July 28, 2015 at 10:59 am #421833July 28, 2015 at 7:53 pm #421956July 28, 2015 at 7:54 pm #421958July 28, 2015 at 10:28 pm #422016July 28, 2015 at 10:55 pm #422035July 29, 2015 at 1:00 pm #422124
I’m in, week 2 or 4.
My Blog: http://droopidog.typepad.com/my_life_up_close_and_pers/
"Puff, Puff, Pass"
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x407/droopidoJuly 29, 2015 at 7:07 pm #422219
Ok. 🙂 Just think, Camp ladies, YOU could sign up for week one because you’ll be scrapping a few days before AT CAMP. Let’s do it!July 29, 2015 at 8:42 pm #422229July 30, 2015 at 6:16 am #422267
Rae that is a super cool twist for this challenge!! I wished I could play along, sounds like loads of fun!July 30, 2015 at 9:08 pm #422295
Okay, week one for me, please.
And you’ll help me post from Camp, right?
A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.July 31, 2015 at 12:13 am #422308
Thanks, Paulien. It’s something different. 🙂
Yes, Pegs- I’ll help you out. 🙂July 31, 2015 at 3:44 am #422312July 31, 2015 at 4:03 am #422315
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.