Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges August SGC – Places, not people – WINNER SHERRI!!

This topic contains 118 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Congrats Sherri, Random.org selected you! Please PM me your addy.

It's the last month of official vacation so let's scrap some of those vacation spots. Now I don't want to see any people, just places. I'm always looking for new places to visit so show me some places that I might like!

Simple rules:

Layouts only please
        No people in the photo
        Use some cardboard on your layout
        Must have a title on your layout
        Extra entry for using either the July or August KOM

May enter up to 3 layouts, but can not use this layout for any other Swirlygirls challenge

I will send a RAK to the winner of this challenge and the winner will be selected using random.org.

Here's some inspiration for you that I did using one of Fabscraps newest collections, Industrial Chic. Pictured is Mabry Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC. DH and I decided to drive the Parkway from end to end and I took this photo on that trip.

[img:width=600&height=606]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1406887517_312_FT0_aug_places_no_people_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=487]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1406887517_312_FT0_rustic_beautifulcloseup1_.jpg[/img]

Entries:

Heather
      1407622918_2902_FT245713_chinaman_12x12_.jpg

Sherri
      1408029285_40_FT245713_dsc00527.jpg

Peggy
      1408136880_36_FT245713_tar_river.jpg

Jan
      1408142190_5_FT245713_bennett_springs_.jpg

Paula
      1408919048_2893_FT245713_image_.jpg

Cheryl
      1409492818_17_FT245713_august_sgc_2014_.jpg

Linda
      1409543573_550_FT245713_1_.jpg

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Oh wow! Beautiful Maggi! I love those old mills. When we used to visit my Grandma in Ontario, we couldn't get enough of the old mills and stone farmhouses. This is such a stunning layout!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Fully intend to start scrapping again, and will make sure I bring a picture to fit this to camp next week. I have tons of vacation place pics to be scrapped.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Oh Maggi that's gorgeous!

Snagg1
              Send PM

Beautiful Maggi 🙂

Awesome layout, Maggi!

Oh, my, that is gorgeous! Great idea. I will work on this at Swirly camp probably.

Gorgeous page Maggi! Love the photo of that Mill.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Thank you ladies, anxious to see your places!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I know the place, I just need to select the photo. And I think I'll do this one at Camp.

Gorgeous LO, Maggi! I just went on a little trip with my dd and dgds. I will have to look through my photos. I don't think there will be any that don't have the girls in them! Maybe I can crop them out! LOL!

Lovely Maggi

OOh, what to scrap. Gosh……….. if I entice you enough with the gorgeous place to visit here in South Africa would you come over here for a holiday? ;)

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I might have to try this one!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Lovely Maggi

OOh, what to scrap. Gosh……….. if I entice you enough with the gorgeous place to visit here in South Africa would you come over here for a holiday? ;)

Well you never know, I do make it a practice to visit friends I've met on the inteet!! Have visited in Alberta and Nova Scotia, Canada. But South Africa would be hard for me to drive our RV, LOL!! Still Africa is on my bucket list, so you just never know!!!

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Oh, my, that is gorgeous! Great idea. I will work on this at Swirly camp probably.

Me too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.