Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Backside of Tag Question

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I find when I'm making tags with Distress Inks and mists that inevitably the back of my tag ends up looking the worse for wear. When you use one of your tags on a gift, do you write your message on the back, either disregarding the mess or covering it up, or do you put your To's and From's on the front?

I'm brand new at this but trying to make all my own tags for Christmas. Just got a big box of new Timmy stuff in the mail tonight!

honey, just go with the flow and stamp a flourish or frame on the back side. I always love the outcome of the backside of the tag, because the beautiful blending of colors. Don't be to hard on yourself!

or….. for starters…. stamp a flourish on the back with embossing ink and clear embossing powder, then do your tag…once you're finished… if you look at the back side of your tag, you'll have a beautiful resist background.

Snagg1
        Send PM

That's an awesome idea Paulien!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Great ideas, Paulien, thanks!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Cool idea Paulien…thanks!!!

Snagg1
              Send PM

I never even thought to look on the back. Excellent idea Paulien. The back is sometimes my first try side . So often it has a really messed up look. lol. My audience is very forgiving.

I didn't ever even consider the back of a tag.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

What a great idea Paulien. Must remember to try that.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I didn't ever even consider the back of a tag.

Do you write your greeting on the front, then?

Ummm, no. LOL!!!! I guess I have only done tags like altered art things, not something to send to someone. I suppose if I sent them out, I would put it on the front, but I love Paulien's idea.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

That's a great idea, Paulien! Whe I make tags, I usually just glue a blank one to the back so it doesn't look like a mess, but your idea is WAAAAY better!

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Paulien, thanks for a really great idea. I've been gluing my tags down so that the back doesn't show, but this is far, far better!!!!!!

Yes, that is a cool idea!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

Am I the only one using them as gift tags (sheepish smile)? I just assumed that was what they were for and went with it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.