Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Excellent Books Be Honest === who is reading the 50 shades of Gray

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

I am actually feeling sad that I finished the trilogy and I am missing the characters. I think it is a fun love story written with some sex (you can skip over if you are single like me) but I loved the book and could not put it down. Now that 60 minutes, Dr. Oz and other shows have talked about the book. It was fun to listen to the couples who were experimental with Dr. Oz and the improvement in their lifel.n Sure did wish my hubby hadn't passed. He would have loved my enthusiasm witht he book. Check it out it is a fun book. Your husbands will enjoy your reading the book. ;)

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I've heard about it also Kathy. I'm afraid to pick it up.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I have to say I downloaded the first book while we were on vacay and it wasn't what I was expecting. With all the hype I was expecting something a little more mainstream, not S&M. I haven't finished it and don't know if I will; haven't even bothered recharging the battery on the Kobo since it died 4 weeks ago. Maybe I'm a bit of a prude, but I have to say I don't even find the writing very good. The characters just don't resonate with me. Aside from the witty banter, which was good, Ana just seems very two dimensional and unrealistically naive to me. Just my 2 cents 🙂 I'm glad you enjoyed it, Kathy.

i have enjoyed it so far, knowing the writting isn't the best. it's a fun story, and i love the emails they send back and forth, i think that might be my favourite part.
        Jackie, get back on your Kobo! right now i am reading 1Q84 that i downloaded from the library, i love that i can read library books. also kobo gives you a free book a month right now, take advantange of it!! i read WAY more now than i used to, because i always have my kobo in my purse.

Keep going she gets so independent and I also llike the banter back and forth in the emails.

I'm not going to read it after all the hype. I like a Who-Done-It..

Rising hand here!!! Sitting in my kindle. Just havent started it yet.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

This is terrible. I have not finished a book since before the holidays. I have not started a book in literally months. 🙁 (

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

That's okay, Peggy! You are just busy and probably have other things to do! I've done the same thing. I'm reading three books right now, and I haven't picked any of them up in over two weeks.

Snagg1
              Send PM

Kathy, I'm with you. Loved the banter in the emails. Got me LOL. The story really begins to unfold in the second book.

Sydney was home with the stomach bug yesterday. I read the ENTIRE 3rd book yesterday.

I am going to have to read them again. 🙂

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

That's okay, Peggy! You are just busy and probably have other things to do! I've done the same thing. I'm reading three books right now, and I haven't picked any of them up in over two weeks.

Rae, I know that. It's just that I used to be a compulsive reader, and now I barely read at all. I still have to finish SK's 11/22/63. I put it aside to do holiday stuff and never went back to it. I don't know why, I loved what I read so far. I guess I just have to get into the mood again.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I have that book on my bedside table, Peggy! It's in the pile. I don't read very fast. I enjoy all aspects of a book: not just the story, but the syntax and word choice. I could go on and on! Anyway, you will get back in the mood soon. 🙂

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Rae, that's how I read: I enjoy the language as much (or more) as the story. (Unless I'm reading a pop novel; I used to have one to pick up when I was tired and unable to concentrate as much.) Which is why SK will have to be started from the beginning. I can pick up the plot where I left off, but I need to get back into the flow from the beginning.

One of the reasons that I haven't been reading is: (this may sound odd) along with my middle son, I am a hopeless LOST addict. Before season 2 started, we each picked up the season 1 DVD and watched it so that we were up to date on all of the plots and characters. Before the start of season 3, we watched seasons 1 & 2, ditto. And so on and on until the series was over. Now, we're each in the habit of watching all 6 seasons from start to finish each year.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

That's awesome! LOST was my favorite show.

I loved Lost too!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.