Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Because some requested.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Someone asked me to post about David's service. it was so fast that it seems months ago.

David's Twin brother's son, Jason, did the service and everyone has said how uplifting it was. Each of my boys picked a song meaningful to them about David. A friend read a poem he wrotes all about David & the Baylor Bears. David was dressed in his Baylor Game gear, cap & all with the Waco Front page picture of Robert Griffin III winning the Heisman. we had a yellow spray with a gold Baylor Football Helment in the center.

David never left the game until wwe sang The Good Old Baylor Line

THe day he died I sang it to him and told him it was ok to leave. At the end of the service everyone stood up and we sang it and did Sic 'em Bears with the bear claw. I was like being at a game not a funeral. David would have loved it.

I still need prayers, cards, PM's what ever. Love my swirly girls. ;D

oh hun, i'm laughing through tears just reading this. i can't imagine the mixed emotions you are going through, but know that you only need to take one day at a time. we are all thinking of you.

Joy, it sounds like it was the perfect service! I keep praying for you every day.

Sounds like a wonderful service. I will keep you in my prayers, Joy.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Oh Joy, what a lovely service! The ladies are right…one day at a time. Hang in there and stay strong. Hugs to you!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

It sounds perfect Joy and what a wonderful thing you did for your husband … to release him from his earthly obligations and allow him to go peacefully to the Lord.

I ALSO DID THE SAME THING AT lEONARD'S SERIVICE. hIS DOCTOR HAD RE3COMMENTED THAT HE WRITE AND ORGANIZE WHEN HE WANTED, tHE CHILDREN;S SILLY SONGS FROM HIS CLASSROOM BROUGH HUMOR TO GO WITH THE SSADNESS. oLEONARD ALSO PICKED THE SONGS HE WANTED SUNG. pEOPLE TELL ME IT WAS NICE BUT i REALLY DON'T REMEMBER MUCH.

iT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR SERVICE WAS LOVELY. oNE THING i TRIED TO HOLD MY HEART WAS THAT i WOULD SEEH= HIM AGAIN AND IN COMPARISON WITH THIS IS ASHORT PAINFUL SEPARATION. sOMETIME iHAD TO BREAK IT DOWN TO ONE HOURAT A TIME AND SOMETIMES FIVE MINUTES OR ONE MINUTE AND JUST CRY OR PRAY. iT IS NOT AN EASY PROCESS BUT YOUHAVE LOTS OF LOVE AND FRIENDS HERE AND PLEASE REACH OUT FOR THAT.

Joy with the holidaus over and people trying to go back to normal' you might get very depressed.l apleawe call me anytime (DAY OR NIGHT) to talk because i know what you are going through. Sorry about the lousy typing at night. 916-344-4781. I PRay that you can feel goods arms around your family and holdijg you until you can get stronger,. My hubby was my high schoiol sweetheart and i reemember as I was lkeacvng the hispital I said how can I go on without him. now i know that sometimes it is a minute at a time and reaching out to others who understand. We also sat and held hands and sang in the hospital and he was close to passing. Comforting for everyone. IT IS oK TO REACH OUT FOR HELP. I WOULD LOVE TO TALK WITH YOU.

Snagg1
            Send PM

oh hun, i'm laughing through tears just reading this. i can't imagine the mixed emotions you are going through, but know that you only need to take one day at a time. we are all thinking of you.

Ditto

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

<p>[quote] oh hun, i'm laughing through tears just reading this. i can't imagine the mixed emotions you are going through, but know that you only need to take one day at a time. we are all thinking of you.

</p>
              <p> </p>
              <p>Ditto</p>
              [/quote]

Double Ditto..what a wonderful send off to the Lord!!!

Joy, you are being thought of every day. Like the girls said, one day at a time. And if you need to cry or vent, then do it. There's nothing shameful in that. What a wonderful service you had for David.
              I will be thinking of you and sending tons of hugs ands prayers!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

[quote]
                <p>[quote] oh hun, i'm laughing through tears just reading this. i can't imagine the mixed emotions you are going through, but know that you only need to take one day at a time. we are all thinking of you.

</p>
                <p> </p>
                <p>Ditto</p>
                [/quote]

Double Ditto..what a wonderful send off to the Lord!!!
                [/quote]

Triple Ditto…. and sending prayers…..

Through my tears, I can only imagine what a wonderful service it was. David was smiling all the way to the pearly gates and I am almost SURE that he was humming that Baylor tune all the way on his jouey!! What a wonderful celebration of his life.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Joy, how wonderful that you said your goodbyes in a way that was so meaningful to David!!!! I just know that he was looking down and enjoying every minute!!!!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Joy, the service was the perfec way to say good-bye!! My heart is still with you and your family!!! ((HUGS))

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

How did I miss this? What a wonderful send off you and your sons gave David. What a great service he had…You know that he got plenty of attention when he marched through the Pearly Gates singing the Baylor fight song and making a claw!!! All is well with him now….and you are going to make it through this time too. Love and prayers to all of you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.