Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Been busy watching videos

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by msjan1 msjan1 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Barbara
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

So I have been watching videos lately and finally understand the Mica powders, and obviously I ordered some. I finally have a grip on stencils and gesso. Still have issues with sprays and was ready to give up, but maybe just maybe I can conquer that too. I somewhat think it is the humidity here, but I could be wrong. Anyway working on learning to better use my scrapalicious items!

Bec
      Bec
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I love watching videos too, they are a great way to learn new things. When I try something new I practice to some old paper first until I’m comfortable.

You will get the hang of sprays eventually. Making a mixed media layout should be fun, and if at the end of the day you end up with a giant mess on your background just throw it away and try again. A piece of paper is less than $2 so if you ruin a few don’t worry, I’ve thrown out many horrible attempts at layouts during the years.

Peggy
        Peggy
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Bec, you couldn’t have said it better!!!! I confess to muttering “It’s only paper” a few(!) times myself; your trick of applying clear gesso first is a life saver!!!!

Barbara, I usually experiment in art journals and mine are full of hits and misses, but it’s an inexpensive way of practicing. (You don’t really need to pay a lot for art journals. Used books and Marble notebooks are cheap. Just glue a couple of pages together with gesso to give them some body and let yourself go crazy!!! (Mists do seem to have a mind of their own, don’t they?))

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Barbara
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Glad to hear about the clear gesso! I went to AC Moore with a 55 per cent off coupon and got a bottle. Also got some soft gel at Michaels, along with a few other goodies.

I actually have an art journal that’s never been used. Tired after all my shopping. Maybe I’ll get busy later.

Peggy
            Peggy
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Yes, that’s how I buy my goop – with coupons!!!

And now, have fun experimenting!!!!!

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

Angelica
              Angelica
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

I try not throw my papers out that I ruin. I either use pieces of it torn up or the backside.

msjan1
                msjan1
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

To me it’s never ruined! I still use it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.