Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Best Inks?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Hello All

I have a question. I love to use ink in distressing or warming up my pages and of course to stamp. I am just wondering what inks does everyone use? What are some of the favorites? I have purchased some that I am not too crazy over so I thought I would ask some of the experts here. 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

There are a lot of different Kinds of inks…..

Which ink you use depends on what surface you are inking…. and then sometimes different people use different inks…..

What surfaces are you asking about? paper?

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I love staz on, for paper and stamping. And I use alcohol inks for chipboard. The little color box chalks are great too especially for small spaces.

It really depends on what you are stamping and what you are stamping on.

I use Distress Inks for prob 99% of my stamping, they are good for blending, stamping, embossing etc and come in great colors.

I use StaZon for non porous surfaces like glass, metal and acrylic.

I use Archival ink with alcohol inks and if I want a super crisp image to color in.

I use alcohol inks on metal, acrylics and glass to dye them.

I use Smooch inks to cover Grungeboard and chipboard. I use Smooch Spritz and Glimmer Mist to dye paper, chip board, fabric, bling…..most anything that I can spray!

I hope that helps!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

spoken like the ink expert she is!!!!!!! (I know this because she had the best ones at camp!!) And she shares, too!!!!!

HAHAHAA!!

You should have seen my hands yesterday! They are still inky, but not as bad…. I was COVERED! At least alcohol inks dry quickly!

Oh and I did the wet distress with Glimmer Mist instead of water…LOL HELLO MESS!! Oh well, looks cool! :p

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Wow. Cool. I am new and haven't done much with all of the different mediums. For the distress inks, are those Tim Holtz inks? Who makes the alcohol inks?

Thanks

Michelle

Tim Holtz ( Ranger) makes the alcohol inks!!

Yeah, Distress Inks are Tim Holtz and so are the alcohol inks, Ranger products. They know the good stuff!!

I don't use much chalk inks, but they are very soft and great for blending as well.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Michelle, they're not kidding about Manda; she's fantastic with inks!!!!!

I love the chalk inks but I hate the cat's eye ink pads, so poorly made that they fall apart while still full of ink. More and more, I'm using the Tim Holtz ink blender and applicator.

I'm a chalk ink person, but thanks to Manda I have leaed to appreciate Distress inks big time!!!

Awww….thanks Peggy!

That is disappointing about the Cat's Eye pads. I would have they would be a bit tougher than that. The Martha Stewart pads aren't very good either, but the pigments are nice. I gave mine to the kids! LOL Expensive ink mistake there!

Thanks Lisa! I really do love Distress Inks like crazy! There are a few more I want, then I will be set.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Awww….thanks Peggy!

That is disappointing about the Cat's Eye pads. I would have they would be a bit tougher than that. The Martha Stewart pads aren't very good either, but the pigments are nice. I gave mine to the kids! LOL Expensive ink mistake there!

I never tried the MS; glad I didn't, LOL
                  I still have some chestnut roan cat's eyes, also a charcoal and a dark brown; love those colors…

Snagg1
                    Send PM

I prefer chaulk inks, but that is what I started with. I also like the distress inks a great deal.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.