Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Beware of AG Security Suite!

This topic contains 32 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Apparently, hacking is on the rise! Last night I was playing Yahoo! Games with a friend. I was using Google Chrome for my browser, but suddenly an Inteet Explorer screen popped up saying my computer was being attacked! Then, all these tiny pop-ups at the bottom of the screen telling me what was attacking my computer. There was an option of Do you want to allow this attack?, so I clicked No, but that was the WRONG thing to do! When I did that, it took me to a web site for AG Security Suite, a spy-ware program. Once I did this, my computer was almost dead. I couldn't open any programs, including the task manager. I looked it up on dh's computer while this was happening, and here's what I found out: it is a fake spy-ware company that disables nearly everything- it's trying to get you to buy their bogus program, but it really just takes your credit card information. It took almost two hours to get that crap off of my computer, and I already have two spy-ware programs running- this program is strong and gets passed almost every security program. So beware: if you see this pop up on your computer, disable your inteet connection immediately!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Wow…omg…thanks Rae for the heads up!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

thanks for the head's up….glad you could recover…

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

OMG Rae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you could recover!
          Thanks so much for the waing!!!!!

WOW!! Scary!! ;D

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thanks for the waing, Rae!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Glad you caught it quickly & did not lose anything. Thanks for the waing

YIKES!!!! thanks for the heads up

Thanks Rae…that's all we need after the last week!!!

:-(

Thanks for the waing! Glad I have a MAC ;D

Thanks for the waing!

wow. that stinks.

Why I !heart my Mac!

Thanks Rae! Glad you didn't kill you computer and it got squared away!

Snagg1
                Send PM

Ohh god Rae, How frightening and really annoying. Thanks for the heads up. Glad you caught it in time and there is no permanent damage.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.