Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Prayer Requests Big Prayers needed….

This topic contains 135 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 137 total)
  • Author

I have not been on the forums this last week other than to keep up with my obligations to Swirlydoos because I have been sitting vigil at my father in laws bedside in the hospital since Saturday. They finally found that he has a dissecting aortic aneurysm and finally took him for emergency open heart surgery at 1pm today. We will be here until he makes it out of surgery which is suspected to last anywhere from 5-8 hours. If I had not forced him to come to the hospital on Saturday, the surgeon said he would have died and the aneurysm would have ruptured for sure. It took 6 tests to find the tiny tear that has been wreaking havoc on his body since he fell ill last month. Because of his age and the severity of his condition, he may not make it through surgery. And then he only has a 50/50 chance of survival from complications. So I ask for prayers please. We all said our goodbyes before they wheeled him into the OR. He was in good spirits and he is OK with what may happen. We all had the last 48 hours to let him know that we love him dearly and he was OK with the life he lead and he was ready to go if it was meant to be. He would look forward to seeing my mother in law today, if that was was meant to be. If he survives, it will be a long recovery and he said he is willing to fight as long as he has the strength. Thank you for understanding my absence. This has been very tough on the boys who only lost their mom a year and a half ago. They weren't ready for this…

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for him and for your family! Big {{{Hugs}}}

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Lisa, I am so.so sorry. Grandpa CAKE is in God's hands now. I will be praying that he will come through {{{HUGS}}}}

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

So sorry to hear this Lisa. Will keep Grandpa CAKE and the rest of the family in my prayers.

Praying for your family Lisa, that God's will be done and that everyone is able to be strong, regardless of the outcome. Sending BIG HUGS your way.

Snagg1
            Send PM

Sending Prayers.

Lisa I am so very sorry to hear this and send big, huge, gigantic hugs and prayers your way!!!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Lisa, Hugs to you and your family, praying everything goes good!!!!

Oh, Lisa! Sending prayers for Grandpa and your family!

I'm so sorry Lisa, sending prayers to grandpa cakes and your family!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Lisa, praying hard for your FIL and for all your family…

We are going into the 8th hour of surgery. no news yet…

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Praying that all has gone well Lisa. May God give you strength and comfort with whatever the day brings.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Thinking of you and your family, Lisa. I hope you get some answers soon. Hugs.

Finally got home. Grandpa came out of surgery at 10:00pm. Got to see him around 11:pm..He looks like he is resting peacefully. His color is good. His numbers are good. He did lose a lot of blood. He will be on a ventilator until tomorrow and then tomorrow they will try to wean him off. We are just praying for no complications. Thank you for the good wishes and prayers. It means a lot to my father in law and the rest of the family. xoxo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.