Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Photoshop Black background

This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  LindaDriggs 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I am noticing alot of the pictures being used in Swirly LOs have a black background so that the subject of the photo really pops. I am thinking that at least some of these photos are manipulated. How do you do that? I am forever not liking what's in the background and use the Clone Stamp tool to change it but still…. I use PSE but not very well!! I think leaing to use PSE might be my New Year;s Resolution….oh but it takes sooooo sooooo long and I'd rather be scrapping!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

There are a lot of ways to do this Maggie. A lot of times you can blur the background and add a texture or an adjustment layer. You have to take a look at the tuts on line and spend the time to lea pse. It's well worth it. There are some tuts on my blog if you want to check it out.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Can anyone point me to a specifc tut that will give me thie effect?

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Great blog Lisa, love your idea for your new BOM.

Snagg1
            Send PM

Here is a site that I belong to. Her tutorial CD is the easiest & best I have found for PSE I would have never figured the stuff out without it.

http://www.scrappersguide.com/

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Thanks Joy, I will check it out.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Thanks for the link Joy!!

thanks Joy maybe I'll finally lea something

If not I can help u at camp

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I figured out how to do it using the paint brush, are there better ways?

Can u post the photo

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Sure. I just chose this photo cause I thot it would be easy to work with – the white contrasting with the black backgound. Here's the before:

and here's what I managed to do with it:

IMG_3652%20copy.jpg

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I can see that it's a little rough around the top of the hos.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I am psyched!! I am going to conquer this program in the coming year. It is my New Year's Resolution!! Anyone want to join me?

Can u post the photo

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.