Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Excellent Books Books to Movies

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Peggy Peggy 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sherrenae
    Sherrenae
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

I just recently saw Allegiant, the third movie from the Divergent series. This is not typical for me but I really enjoyed the movies better than the books overall.

I also see Tim Burton is making a movie on Miss Peregrines Home for Peculiar Children and I am interested to see what he does with it.

What are your favorite or not so favorite books turned movies?

Peggy
      Peggy
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Miss Peregrines Home??? Now, that does sound interesting!!!!

I’m not a huge fan of books to movies; I’m usually so disappointed.
        I’ve always preferred The Godfather to the book and except for the very last scene, Carrie was very well done (Sissy Spacek was amazing!!!). To Kill a Mockingbird also comes to mind.
        And I obviously don’t get out much, lol.

Sherri, this is a great topic. Who else has an opinion?

A clean house is the sign of a lazy scrapper.

msjan1
        msjan1
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Books always seem better. You get more detail. Nothing is coming to mind right away where the movie was better.

Peggy
          Peggy
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

No, I’m still trying to come up with something. Rebecca was great until near the end, when they changed far too much of the plot to make it acceptable to the censors. I still love the casting and the atmosphere that Alfred Hitchcock created.

RAE
            RAE
            Swirly Moderator
              Send PM

Fight Club! Best adaptation EVER! I love the book and movie equally.

I did love the Divergent series, and I have to admit that the movies are just as good; staring at Theo James for a couple hours really, really makes me love the movies more.

I want to see the Miss Peregrine movie also. I loved the book. It will be fun to see how Burton makes that come to life.

The movie Simon Birch is pretty good, but it’s NOTHING like the novel it’s based on, A Prayer for Owen Meany. That’s one of my all time favorite novels.

The second Hunger Games movie was a great adaptation, and I would watch it again before reading the book.

I also enjoyed The Maze Runner book and movie.

msjan1
              msjan1
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Oh yeah. Hunger Games. Movies were pretty good and close to the books. My dd and I just did a movie marathon and watched them all! Second time for me on all of them but she had never seen the last two.

Peggy
                Peggy
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I STILL have to read these books. Somehow, I never got around to it….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.