Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Bought the ATG…..but

This topic contains 27 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

I broke down and bought the pink ATG when M's had their 50% off coupon. I was so excited to lea what all the hype was about.

Can I just say that this gun was really designed for right handed people. I'm a lefty and am very ambidextrous, have been my whole life. Lefties have to lea to function in a right-handed world. No biggie. Personally, I think it is an asset to be able to use both hands very easily.

Anywho…..the way the tape sits on the little roller bar is off-center to the left. So, as a lefty, this puts the tape away from you. A right handed person can see where the tape is going quite easily. All of this means that I have to use my right hand with the gun. Again, no biggie, but a little bit of a bummer.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I am a lefty too Lisa and you just nailed what is wrong with the gun for me! I do get frustrated 'cause I can't quite tell where the tape is going!! And I am 100% left handed, not even sure why I have a right hand!! I keep a Herma roller around for when I need precise application and otherwise the ATG works fine.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
          Send PM

LOL! The right hand is to keep you balanced and from tipping over! ROFL!!

LMBO!!!
          [img:width=60&height=44]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1294498030_49_FT62550_rolling_on_the_floor_laughting.gif[/img]

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

LMBO!!!
            [img:width=60&height=44]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1294498030_49_FT62550_rolling_on_the_floor_laughting.gif[/img]

Ditto!!!!!!

[img:width=60&height=44]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1294498487_36_FT62550_rolling_on_the_floor_1.gif[/img]

i'm a lefty too, and when i got it, i trained myself to use it in my right hand. i still love it, and i can use it quite well in my right hand.
            it does take some getting used to, but you'll be fine, because you're ambidexturous, like me 🙂

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

LOL! The right hand is to keep you balanced and from tipping over! ROFL!!

OOOooh, that's why. Hmm, are you sure 'bout that? LOL!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I'm a 100% lefty too, but after a little practice I'm fine with using the ATG lefthanded.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I have the same problem. If the tape were centered instead off to the side, it wouldn't be a problem. It is annoying, but I do like it. I've had to restring the tape a couple of times before I finally succumbed to the fact that it is easier to use with my right hand.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I'm a 100% lefty too, but after a little practice I'm fine with using the ATG lefthanded.

Yeah, me to, for the most part.

Bonnie!!!!!!!! you're back, yeah!!!!!!!

Hey I am a lefty too. Glad to read this because I have to think over this. I was considering the gun so for now I'll keep considering it

I'm glad you are at least able to use it. I love mine but I'm also right handed – never occurred to me that a lefty would have a hard time with it.

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Well, you know what they say left handed people are in their right minds! Which makes me in my wrong mind. Explains a lot – that & my grandparents were cousins!

I'm glad you are at least able to use it. I love mine but I'm also right handed – never occurred to me that a lefty would have a hard time with it.

ditto.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.