Home Forums Kit Talk Suggestions Buttons

This topic contains 57 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)
  • Author

Is anyone into buttons? I went to a scrapbook show several months ago and could kick myself for not picking up a few packs of these lovely embellies. They had cute victorian shoes, fans, and filigree buttons, and just a variety of every kind of button you can think of, and they were reasonably priced too. And, if you don't like the part on the back, it's easily snaps off with wire cutters or a pair of kitchen scissors. If any of you know the name of the company that produces these, I would like to know. Or, perhaps, Krissy can add some to the store.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I have seen some cool ones too…you should have gotten them 🙂 hehe

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

YEAH, I know exactly which ones your talking about… I have the catalog downstairs and for the life of me can't remember the name of the company. That particular Vintage set is sold at Michael's stores in the jewelry making section if you want them!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Buttons are definitely making a 'come back' ….off to Michaels to check it out!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Sounds yummy!!!! I'm going to Michael's tonight (if the snow stops) and will look for them!

Krissy I hope you find the catalog. Maybe you could put them in the store….hint

yes krissy..hint, hint

Snagg1
              Send PM

Love buttons, have real vintage ones I inherited & buy theme ones for mostly card wotk. I bought a button shank cutter & love it. makes them flat back in no time.

those buttons are also at HL and J's. the J's are in the button sections and the HL ones are in the scrapping isle where the brads and stuff are…….ummmm not that I would have first hand knowledge of this or anything like that.

Don't know about ACMoore. When I was there last week I was only there for McGill punches – dang Lisa G had to go and post another one ofher glorious flower creations soo I needed to stock up on punches. buttons were off the radar and the budget.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

The fancy looking buttons are nice

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

i've seen some cool looking button things on etsy – i've ordered some and am still waiting for them.

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

I just never know what to do with buttons. I should make an effort to use what I have, they just don't talk to me… 🙁 (

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Peggy, if they were talking to you, I might get worried!

Peggy, if they were talking to you, I might get worried!

LOL – well than you better start a'worrying, cuz lots of goodies speak to me, they usually say
                    BUY ME!!!! HOARD ME!! I WILL MAKE YOU HAPPY!!

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

The ones at Michaels are Dress It Up Buttons and they are also sold as Jesse James buttons. I don't know if they are the same company, but the buttons look alike. Michaels has several packs of vintage style buttons and I think I've seen some at Wally World. My shopping options are pretty limited! I can't remember if Hobby Lobby has them or not, but I would think they would.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.