Home Forums Non Scrap Chat CAKE Cake?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

Well ladies the Fifty Shades trailer is out, and while after the first book I thought the rest stunk, this guy just isn't cutting it for me. He lacks and edge that Christian had.

http://www.fiftyshadesmovie.com

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

He's not what I pictured either, but i'm willing to give him a chance.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I'm willing to GAG. Sorry. That book was a literary pile. Kim says there's story in there somewhere, but I couldn't get past page 20 because is was SO SO SO poorly written. Maybe the movie could salvage the story.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I'm willing to GAG. Sorry. That book was a literary pile. Kim says there's story in there somewhere, but I couldn't get past page 20 because is was SO SO SO poorly written. Maybe the movie could salvage the story.

The movie may be better for you Rae. You don't have the imagery we have in our heads as who these characters should be/what they look like.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I read the book because of all the hype. HATED IT!
              Yeah, that actor is so not a Christian .

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

[quote]

The movie may be better for you Rae. You don't have the imagery we have in our heads as who these characters should be/what they look like.
                [/quote]

Hmm. Not likely. If someone is going to be spanking me, he has to look like Shemar Moore, no exceptions. And, I don't want to see the guy in the movie doing that to anyone. ;)

Snagg1
                  Send PM

Yeah,just not anything I wanted to read but I know some folks that loved it. Watched the fault in our stars which was a great book to screen adaptation-albeit pg-13 🙂

I didn't read the books and don't plan on seeing the movie. I also saw The Fault In Our Stars and it was one of the best book to film adaptations I have ever seen. I am hoping the If I Go is as good.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I really enjoyed all the books in the Grey series but I wasn't all impressed with the fellow playing the part. I think the other fellow from Sons of Anarchy would have been better, to bad he had to back out.

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Book one had me intrigued for all the wrong reasons. I wanted to know the WHY of what he did and was. I really ripped the books in my review here –

http://tomesdevotee.blogspot.com/2012/05/fifty-shades-freed.html

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

I don't like the story line of a man dominating a women either, or even all the M&S stuff, but I have to admit I did enjoy the series as pure escapism, when I shut off my mind and just read it. There's something about the hurt soul reaching out to the gentle woman, that will catch me every time. LOL.

I'm willing to give this Christian a chance too Kim. He looks like he can handle himself in the hot scenes. ;) :

[img:width=600&height=257]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1406403785_550_FT245328_christian_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=287]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1406404006_550_FT245328_christian2_.jpg[/img]

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

[quote]

[/quote]
                          Hope so, because like Rae, I just couldn't get into it. The bad writing was just too distracting…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.