Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Recipes CAKE – do I have your attention?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

LOL, unlike the OTHER cake thread… this is about real FOOD cake. I need to bake 6 DOZEN cupcakes FAST and I found this tip on the inteet. Betty Crocker white cake mix + 1 can pop (replaces the egg, oil and water). I tested it last night and WOW – it is GOOD. I used lemon lime soda and it gave it a nice taste. I wonder what orange crush would be like? Hmmm. Anyways… thought I'd share. I am a bit of a cake snob but this is good enough for kids (and tastes better than the eggs, oil and water combo.)

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Wow, how did someone come up with that idea? I'm not a big cake eater but when I have the grandkids I make some so I'll have to try that.

Steph?? You have grandkids??? wow!! You look wonderful for a grandma!!!!
      Vicky, I have dome this before and the cake tus out really good. I used 7 up.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Steph, what Lisa said, you have grandkids???? You look so young!!!!!!
        Vicky, yes, that does work well. A lot fewer calories and fat, too….

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Thanks Lisa & Peggy – yes I have a 12 yr old granddaughter and a 9 yr old grandson, my sons kids (he's just tued 32 – ackk!) My daughter is going to be 21 next month and I'm pretty sure she doesn't want kids right now – she just enjoys mothering her niece and nephew, lol.

OK, so we tried cream soda in the Betty Crocker Cherry cake – OMG we covered it with BC cream cheese frosting too and then sprinkled coconut on it – HEAVENLY!!!!!!!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Sounds yummy! I forgot to post this, but when my mom was visiting, we made one with the orange soda, and used the new frosting creations orange creme frosting. It was really good! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.