Home Forums Kit Talk Camp Swirlydoos Scrapbook Retreats CAMP ATTENDEE UPDATE!!!!

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Hi everyone, after a long soul searching time, I've decided not to attend camp this year….long story but to make it short…my dad has bone cancer and in my heart of hearts I feel I need to spend as much time with him as possible. We found out he had cancer last August and he has done remarkably well up until a couple of weeks ago. We have the most fantastic group of people helping us, Hospice. They are making him comfortable. He's still very witty and has asked that I say hi especially to Meg, Peg, and Kathi who he met at our Ohio mini-camp….I hope all of you have a great time (I know you will) and think of me while you're being clumsy or throwing things out of windows…LOL….

Krissy is awesome once again…..she has been so understanding and compassionate…I love you Krissy and all my Savage Sisters….I'll be looking forward to spending more weekend camps, etc. with you guys….

Please keep my Dad in your prayers….

Thanks and I'll miss you guys this time but love you all and will get together again.,…
      Kathy C…aka Thelma….
      BTW….someone else has to keep watch over Kathi (Louise) ….just kidding!!!!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Oh Kathy, so sorry about your Dad, you are in my prayers, I know this will be a difficult time for you.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Kathy….I'm so sorry about your Dad. Spending time with him is the most important thing right now. Prayers going out your way. I'm so sorry…..

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

{{{HUGS}}} and prayers for you & your remarkable father, Kathy.
          I'm going to miss you like the dickens, but your family is far more important right now!!!!

Awww Kathy so sorry about your Dad. You will be missed and I am sorry I won't get to meet you this time around. (((Big Hugs)))

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Hugs to you, Kathy! Sorry you can't go to camp, but I know you'll be there next year.

Snagg1
              Send PM

(((((HUGS))))) Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. As hard of a decision as it was to not go to camp, I think you are doing the right thing. Big, giant, fat hugs to you and lots of prayers.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

awwwww {{{HUGS}}} you will be in my thoughts and prayers yes.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Thanks you guys….I'll be thinking of you…..

Goodness Kathy, my prayers are with you and your dad. I am so sorry about your dad's illness. Hospice is a wonderful organization. Hospice helped us through my mother in laws sudden death and they were there after for us. I am seriously thinking of leaving the hospital world and going Hospice. There at least I would feel like I was making a difference in someones life. I pray that you have all the precious time you need with your dad. Be there for him, and do NOT for one single minute think about why you had to skip camp this year. We totally understand. My heart is with the both of you and your family. I pray that your faith will guide you through this time and make it easier for you all. I personally will miss you dearly. Glad we got to spend the day together in St Pete a couple of weeks ago. We will get together again soon. I will keep you and dad in my prayers, and know that the most important thing right now is the time you spend with your dad. {{{{hugs}}}} And we will keep an eye on Louise for you. It just wont be the same.

Kathy..you and your family are in my prayers!

Kathy,
                  So very sorry to hear about your Dad. It's so hard to watch someone you love decline so. Kind thoughts to you and your family, during this time.

You are doing the right thing Kath. We will miss you and our hearts and prayers are with you, your dad and family.

(((hugs)))

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Kathy, so sorry to hear about your dad. I will miss meeting you, but you have made the right decision. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

Kathy –

I am sorry to miss meeting you, but I would have made the same decision you did. I will be praying for your father and your family. Take care.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.