Home Forums Welcome to Swirlydoos! Announcements Can you see all of our Facebook posts?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

For those of you who like us on FB, and it better be ALL of you, ;) if you haven't seen any Swirlydoos posts in your feed, you can
      change this by going to the Swirlydoos Page and hovering over the box that says, LIKED and a menu will appear: check GET
      NOTIFICATIONS and you will then get everything we post to your feed. 

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Has everyone done this?

Snagg1
          Send PM

*raising hand* yeppers I see em all !lol

I'm getting everything to my feed and also notifications to email, which I don't want. How can I get rid of those?

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

This is an excellent feature for everything you like because you actually get the red notifications when we post something.

My salon is on FB, and they use it to when they have cancellations and offer discounts if you can come in to fill the spot. Now, I don't miss them. I saved $25 the last time I got highlights!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

I'm getting everything to my feed and also notifications to email, which I don't want. How can I get rid of those?

That's in your Facebook settings- let me see if I can poke around and remember how to get those emails to go away. πŸ™‚

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Yup I'm getting them!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Yes, I've been getting them all along.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

To be honest, I don't like getting them on my news feed…I feel bad that I told some of my friends to look at my album there and now they are getting them…They really aren't interested scrapbooking, I just wanted them to see what I do…I'm not sure how it works so I have quit commenting on the pages in FB, just because when I do it gets sent to their news feeds. Hate to be a BUMMER but that is how I feel…If one of my friends wants to show me a page they have made that is different, I like that…

Now that I am more active I am getting them! ;D

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I think there is some confusion. I'm talking about the actual Swirlydoos Facebook page, not the gallery page. There is a way to tu off the notifications from the gallery page when you comment on someone's layout.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

How do you tu it off Kim…it is probably so simple but I am a novice at FB

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

To be honest, I don't like getting them on my news feed…I feel bad that I told some of my friends to look at my album there and now they are getting them…They really aren't interested scrapbooking, I just wanted them to see what I do…I'm not sure how it works so I have quit commenting on the pages in FB, just because when I do it gets sent to their news feeds. Hate to be a BUMMER but that is how I feel…If one of my friends wants to show me a page they have made that is different, I like that…

Okay, Barbara, here's the deal: If you don't want to receive notifications, you can  click on Notifications at the top right of the screen and click Off. Because our gallery is a closed group, your friends would have had to join the our group to see these. They can unjoin the group, or also change their settings. That's the beauty of Facebook- you only have to see what you want to. πŸ™‚ There are many settings options within a group and in your personal settings. 

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Sue, this is in your personal settings. Click on the settings ion at the top right- it's an inverted triangle. This takes you to another screen. On the left side there are a list of options- click notifications and then at the top of the screen, you have three categories on how you get notifications- click on the email icon and choose what you want. πŸ™‚

craftysprinkles
                            Swirly Scrapper
                              Send PM

[quote] To be honest, I don't like getting them on my news feed…I feel bad that I told some of my friends to look at my album there and now they are getting them…They really aren't interested scrapbooking, I just wanted them to see what I do…I'm not sure how it works so I have quit commenting on the pages in FB, just because when I do it gets sent to their news feeds. Hate to be a BUMMER but that is how I feel…If one of my friends wants to show me a page they have made that is different, I like that…

<br /><br />Okay, Barbara, here's the deal: If you don't want to receive notifications, you canΒ Β click on Notifications at the top right of the screen and click Off. Because our gallery is a closed group, your friends would have had to join the our group to see these. They can unjoin the group, or also change their settings. That's the beauty of Facebook- you only have to see what you want to. πŸ™‚ There are many settings options within a group and in your personal settings.Β 
                              [/quote]

Thanks Rae, I will look for Notifications and click…I thought it might be something easy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.