Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Canvas question

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Ok, so I am using 4 white canvases and using wooden letters to spell love. What I am wanting to know is what should I put on the canvases to make it easier to dust off and to keep them from tuing yellow. Should I modge podge them? I want them white because the trim is white, and I am painting the letters the color of the walls since I have paint left. Any help would be appreciated.

I think gesso is what you want. It's (usually) white and is used as a base coat.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I would use Modge Podge. πŸ™‚

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

I normally use a thin coat of modge podge to seal my projects.

I use clear spray sealant on mine.

Snagg1
            Send PM

Another option–Gloss gel medium is clear and won't yellow or matte medium if you don't want the shine. Sounds like a cool project!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Thanks ladies!!

Katy, it's a very simple project. I was originally going to use burlap, and I actually covered one but I don't like the burlap as much as i thought I would. I do like having four canvases, two on top and two on the bottom spelling love with the O off center. Just something simple but yet making a nice wall feature.

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

That sounds fantastic!!!! Be sure and post a pic when you're done.

Snagg1
                  Send PM

I can't wait to see it!

I can't wait to see it! For sealing the projects, I would use Beacon's Fast Finish. It is SUPER QUICK drying.
                  FF_zpsf7526872.jpg

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I want to see it too, Love home dΓ©cor projects. Thanks for all the info Ladies…I didn't seal a canvas I made with sprays and with the moisture in the air it changed…gonna seal it!

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Can't wait to see the finished result Barbara and to hear what you finally decided to use to seal it! Way to go working off the page!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I can't wait to see it! For sealing the projects, I would use Beacon's Fast Finish. It is SUPER QUICK drying.
                        FF_zpsf7526872.jpg

Paulien, I don't think I've ever noticed that. I'll have to look…

Oh! I would LOVE to she the finished product too!

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

I wish I worked as fast as the rest of you! I have too many projects going on and can't seem to finish any of them. I am still working on them though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.