This topic contains 66 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Hello my lovely ladies, I can now, finally share some of the changes that you can expect in this card adventure. I had so many idea's running through my head, that I couldn't get it together and so I thought to myself… why not trying everything and put in some kind of schedule.
    Well this is what I came up with.

week 1: ******** ONLY This can be *stamps *cardstock *shapes *fabric *lace *masculine… etc. any of these theme's but then rotating in a 5 week schedule week
    2: Hues This can be *SwirlyHues colors *Monochromatic color rotating in the 4-5 weeks schedule.
    week 3: Sketch Beggahuna is going to make a monthly CARD sketch. How awesome is this!!!! Rotating in the 5 week schedule.
    week 4: Shapes & fun things This can be *shape of card *fun little boxes rotating in the 5 week schedule
    week 5: This can be * A technique that Tiffany or Lynne (our ET girls) shared with us. * A request. (this means that if there's something you would love to lea or see in the card section, tell me and we will figure that out.)

So, you see… it won't be boring!!!! How does this all sound?

Today I'll post a step by step photo tutorial for making this card:
    11-5.jpg
    featuring one of Tiffany's techniques but then with a little twist.
    Btw… this doesn't mean that we start in week 5 of the schedule, it is just a bonus.

I would like to start with the schedule on Tuesday January 31st because I know the kits are coming to our members as I write this post, so I wanted to give you some time to play with it. lol
    I'm really looking forward to this adventure and I hope you all got excited as I am.

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Gorgeous card, Paulien. Can't wait for the tutorial.

One quick question – for stamps is it open to digital stamps as well? I use a lot of digis as it lets me select an image that is perfect for the occasion with very little investment (about $3) so if I only use it once I don't feel as though I've wasted a lot of money.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

I love the plan Paulien! I have so many unused unity stamps so I need to play.

Jackie, where do u order your digi stamps from? That's why I stopped buying stamps.

Gorgeous card, Paulien! All of these ideas sound wonderful!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Here are a couple of links, QT:

This one the artist is a professional children's illustrator and she comes out with new digital stamps every couple of days. They also have an active Challenge community which is a great place to get card ideas http://www.digitalpenciltoo.blogspot.com/

This one has several different types of illustrations; I LOVE their Gothic images. They also have different sayings and some background-type images http://tiddlyinks.com/

Here is another http://www.makeitcrafty.com/

And another http://www.whimsiedoodles.com/

And a listing of digital stamps sites http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/digital-stamping-f272/new-updated-digi-stamp-site-list-t483815.html

Sounds great Paulien. Can't wait…

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Thank you Jackie!

Gorgeous card, Paulien. Can't wait for the tutorial.

One quick question – for stamps is it open to digital stamps as well? I use a lot of digis as it lets me select an image that is perfect for the occasion with very little investment (about $3) so if I only use it once I don't feel as though I've wasted a lot of money.

Of course you can Jackie. Only if we will be using stamps for making a background or using a resist technique, then I don't think that digital stamps are very handy. But I'll try to stick at the stamps that were in previous kits.

i'm a little confused on what's happening when, but let me know what the requirements are and I'M IN!

i'm a little confused on what's happening when, but let me know what the requirements are and I'M IN!

Hi Shell, thanks for asking….

For starters, we start this fun adventure on January 31th, with 1 of the theme's of week 1
            then the next week we will take a theme from week 2. The week after a theme of week 3 etc etc.
            When we have done 5 weeks on a row, we go back to week 1, but with a different theme.
            Then the week after…. another theme what is listed under week 2 etc etc
            This way, many theme's will cross our path and it won't get boring for a long time.

Does this make sense???

I'm in to. I haven't grasped the whole thing. Are we going to have 5 cards we are working on and rotating themes? Sorry Paulien I am a little slow!!

actually yes. Every week we make a new one but… what we make in week 1…. (and please load your projects to our card gallery) 5 weeks later we are looking at week 1 again. it basicly is… 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5- and then again 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 – 5….

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

As soon as I figure it out, I'm in….love making cards….

Okay… trying again to make this as clear as possible…lol (I know my instructions can be confusing sometimes)

week1: one of the theme's that's listed under week1
              week2: one of the theme's that's listed under week2
              week3: sketch
              week4: one of the theme's that's listed under week4
              week5: one of the theme's that's listed under week5
              back to
              week1: one of the theme's that's listed under week1
              etc etc etc

I think, that if you play along, it will be crystal clear.

I'll post a thread (weekly), where you can post your created project (also please post it in the gallery)

does this make sense?

Great idea! -can't wait to get going. I always need cards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.