Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! Card tutorial using the April *Tiffany's* kit

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  odiammy 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone, Here's my latest card using the gorgeous April kit.

card_zpse7864ca5.jpg

And this is how it came together:

1_zps673b6846.jpg
    For my base card, I cut a piece of cream colored cardstock, 8.1/4 x 11.3/4, and folded it double.

2_zps765fcb76.jpg
    For my first layer, I cut a piece of PP at 5.3/4 by, a little under 8.1/4 Distressed the edges and glued it to my base card.

3_zps26cac647.jpg
    For my second layer, I cut a piece of PP at 7.5 x 5.5 and then gave the top a little shape. (I had to do mine in 2 parts, because of working with my left-overs) Distressed the edges, but didn't glue it down yet.

4_zpscac1455b.jpg
    The next layer was cut at 5 x 6 I distressed the edges and glued it to the blue lacey paper.

5_zps4b8885c5.jpg
    Then I cut this strip, which measures 1.1/8 x 12 PLUS that little barcode end.

6_zps19d345ea.jpg
    Folded the strip around the 2 layers (the blue and the white) and at this point I only glued the
    2 ends together. On the right side, I pressed it down to get a nice folding line, then flipped it over, and secured on the backside of the blue paper, with a drop of glue.

7_zpsa7a858cb.jpg
    Then on the front, I added a drop of glue, under the strip, where the red mark is.

8_zps6df10171.jpg
    Then for a fun detail, I cut a strip of paper at 4 x 1.3/4 and I used a border punch at 1 end.

9_zpse0c3762f.jpg
    I cut 1 little part off, this is going to be a tag for my sentiment.

10_zps675363a8.jpg
    I slided this punched paper under the paper strip

11_zps535d282a.jpg
    On the cross marked spot, I added glue

12_zps967a006a.jpg
    and glued it together. The seam was rolled back under the paper strip.

13_zps43f013d2.jpg
    Then I took 4 of these sprigs

14_zps26b5ef1b.jpg
    fold them double – cut the loops – and glued them in place

15_zpsdad9b37d.jpg
    I cut a piece of tulle at 8 x 5.5 (you can use cheesecloth just as well)

16_zps3af37558.jpg
    ruffled it up and tied it together with some twine and glued it in place. I also glued a string of the blue bling, like in the picture.

17_zps57c829c5.jpg
    Then from corrugated cardboard, I cut some petals and made a flower out of it.

*****TIP*****
    For my corrugated cardboard: I used the box our kits comes in. Cut a 6×6 square out of it, sprayed it with water, let it sit for a few seconds, and then peeled off the top paper layer, and there you have your own corrugated cardboard.

19_zps296a95c0.jpg
    I rounded the petals a little by rolling the edges between my fingers. Then from the gorgeous bling that came in our kit, I cut a (dice) figure 5 out to dress up the center of the flower. Using some hot glue, I glued my flower in place, just like this.

20_zps797cd082.jpg
    Filled the cap with a tiny flower.

21_zps03cec5a0.jpg
    I inked up the little tag

22_zps76a638f8.jpg
    wrote my sentiment on it, and glued it in place.

23_zps64d3e972.jpg
    Then for detail I added some ink and gesso to my flower and added(liquid) pearls in the center of the bling

24_zpse2bd0137.jpg
    and of course, some on the top of my card as well.

card_zpse7864ca5.jpg
    and I called it done! I hope you like it.

Oh, Paulien, that is such a beautiful card! Thank you for your tutorials. The corrugated cardboard flower is really awesome.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

his is awesome Paulien! Cool flower technique with the cardboard.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Beautiful, Paulien! Thanks so much for sharing!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

So pretty Paulien, you always come up with such great ideas for your cards!

Snagg1
          Send PM

So creative!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Super gorgeous cool Paulien! Love love love the flower!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!
              I love the way that you've used the scraps and sprigs and your flower is fantastic!!!
              Thanks for putting this all together for us, Paulien!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Simply beautiful, Paulien!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Snagg1
                  Send PM

So pretty! What a lovely card. This kit is just beautiful.

Beautiful tutorial and card like always! Thanks for sharing I love it!

Snagg1
                    Send PM

Great tutorial, and gorgeous card, Paulien! TFS!! Can´t wait to get my kit!

Hi, When I went to see your tutorial, all your pictures were replaced by a placeholder from Photobucket. When I clicked on each placeholder, the image showed up, but that sort of ruined the ability to scroll down through your technique to see what you had done.
                    Were you aware of this?

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

That happened to me too!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

hmm..me too

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.