Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! Card Tutorial using the August Passion Berry kit.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone. I hope your summer has been great, and that you've got time to rest up a little.
    To start this new craft season, I have prepared a card tutorial, using the gorgeous August Passion Berry kit.
    It is a simple card, to get us all back in action, and also to invite new members or fellow scrappers, to join in and play along. If you play along, please share your creations with us, and/or upload them to the Off the Page -Card section, in the gallery. Here's the link to it: http://www.swirlydoos.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=15

Here's the card I thought was a fun one to start with.

cardmonk_zps3ca54917.jpg

Okay, let's get started!

1_zpsf91b4e36.jpg

I cut the base for my card from the Cardstock that came in the kit. Cut it at 4.6 x 12 and scored it at 5.5 and 11.3

2_zpsdd3d27e2.jpg

I cut the first layer of paper at 5.3 x 4.3

b1_zpsabbd0573.jpg

I distressed and inked the edges of my card base and first layer and glued it to the card base.

b1-1_zps1d83703d.jpg

It supose to look like this.

3_zps20ef25c3.jpg

For my second layer I cut a piece of PP at 5.1 x 4.2 and cut the right side coers to create a tag.

b2_zpsc178fca1.jpg

Distressed and inked my edges and placed it like in the pictures above and below. Don't glue it all the way down, the flap is closing undeeath.

b2-1_zpsa13173dc.jpg

b3mon_zps30f3199c.jpg

I randomly stamped on the tag with the stampset that came in the kit.

b4mon_zps7c50c375.jpg

And from the stampset I cut this piece. Distressed and inked the edges and glued it in place.

4_zpsd0b5611e.jpg

I cut a little tag from PP ( 3.2 x 2.2)

b5mon_zps386cab35.jpg

I distressed and inked the edges and glued it in place.

5_zps5bf7e849.jpg

I cut out this little tag.

b6-1mon_zps2393b98b.jpg

Distressed and inked the edges, folded it (not exactly in the middle) and glued it like in the picture.

b6mon_zps8984ede1.jpg

7_zps9c13a487.jpg

I cut a thin strip of paper, which is the same as the first layer of PP. Cut it at 7 x 0.2

b7mon_zps8ceb5b89.jpg

I ruffled the top and bottom of the strip and glued the top and bottom to my card. (The middle section is not glued down)

b7-1mon_zps81d6e323.jpg

I cut a tiny tag from white cardstock and wrote my sentiment on it. (other sentiments are just as good)

b7-2mon_zps96cee3a0.jpg

6_zps5f771c06.jpg

I cut some circles (not perfect – but you won't see that after they are distressed)

b8mon_zpsf4df5630.jpg

I stacked them together and glued them at the top of the largest tag shape layer. Poked a hole in the middle and on each side of the circle. Pulled some string through it and knotted a bow.

cardmonk_zps3ca54917.jpg

And I called it done.

*******************************************************************************************

I hope you like it and that this card inspires you to create your own.

Gorgeous card, Paulien! Thanks so much for sharing! I can't wait to get back to scrapping!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Such a pretty card, thanks so much for a great tutorial!

Snagg1
        Send PM

Beautiful work as always Paulien! Your tutorial is perfect!

Thank you! I will be making one myself. ;D

Ging

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

This is gorgeous Paulien. I have really missed your cards.

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Gorgeous, Paulien!! Love the step by step tutorial.

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Fabulous! I love the way the stamp looks on the card.

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Love the tutorial! Gorgeous card!

craftysprinkles
              Swirly Scrapper
                Send PM

Paulien, this card is stunning: all of the layers and details are so pretty and your overall design is fantastic!!!!

And thanks so much for the tutorial: it's a perfect way for us all to get back to card making again!!!!!

Agree with Peggy, your card gives us mojo! Lovely card!

always such gorgeous cards you make!

Thank you ladies!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Such a gorgeous card Paulien – love it all but particularly the little tag, ruffled strip and hugs label! Great tutorial (no gesso!! ??) and will hopefully get a chance to play soon – just back from our mammoth sail around Scotland which was fabulous. I hope you had a good summer too x

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

OOOooooo…You sailed around Scotland?! How romantic/adventurous is that?!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.