Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! Card tutorial using the December *Joyeux Noel* kit

This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!

13-2ms_zpsdceb9336.jpg

0m_zps8147f595.jpg
    I started my card with cutting 2 squares. The one on the right, I gave a mat from some blue PP that was in the kit. I just added tiny little strips of it. (cheating… I know!)

1_zps2740ee49.jpg
    I glued the squares on top of eachother. (sorry for the bad picture)

2-2m_zps77df9fa4.jpg
    I added a strip of irridescent tule and some irridescent beads.

3m_zps157cdcc4.jpg
    Then I randomly cut a piece of tule that was big enough to cover the bottom part of my card and I added Gesso to it, to let it stay in place.

4m_zps42070031.jpg
    I kept adding gesso till I was satisfied. Then trimmed the tulle off, taking the card as my guide.

5m_zps9e6ac36f.jpg
    I ruffled, the trimmed of tule, and placed it in the, still wet, Gesso.

6m_zps165298a2.jpg
    I fussy cut the deer and took out some sisal which I tued into a circle. If you don't have sisal you can use thread or twine.

7m_zpsebe71ca9.jpg
    I placed my sisal circle on top of the, still wet, Gesso.

8m_zps56894a3b.jpg
    I stapled the sisal circle down to my card in some places. In the left top coer, I water colored the blue, using Distress Ink (broken China) I cut some wired silver garland and twisted it a few times. I placed my deer and picked out some flowers. I didn't glue things down yet cause I want the opportunity to still move things around.

9m_zpsb917754a.jpg
    For the base of my card I cut a piece of cardstock at 6 x 12 and folded double. I glued my card to the base card and glued my embellies in place. I added some holly leaves, which got their edges inked, using Papersoft.

10mo_zps462ac9ad.jpg
    I stamped my sentiment on plain white cardstock using Archival ink.

11m_zps5dec18ba.jpg
    Cut them out, with on one end a banner shape. I scratched the edges lightly with my finger nail and bended and curled the little piece till I was happy with how they looked.

13-2m_zpsabc02af7.jpg
    I glued them to my sisal circle using FabriTac. For the finishing touch I sprinkled some Fairy Dust glitter on the bottom of my card. And I was done.

13-2ms_zpsdceb9336.jpg

This is my way to say to my Swirly Family….. Have a Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, Paulien! Thanks so much for the tutorial for this gorgeous Christmas card! I love the tulle background and all the sparkle!

Beautiful card! Gonna try to start making cards all year round so I have a stockpile, just waiting for insides.

Paulien, your tutorials are awesome!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Fabulous! I don't have any sisal! NEEEEED!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Ditto with the sisal, but I have thread 🙂

And Paulien, this card with the tulle and the sparkle and the soft textures is stunning!!!!

your card is remarkable. I am new to Swirldoos and am already leaing new techniques………I plan to be with you guys forever!!!! laura from tyler

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Wow, Paulien!! You can work tulle like no other!! This is amazing!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Thank you ladies for your sweet comments!

*Tip: If you find that your tule is too stiff to work with, you can give it a little bath with fabric softener, and let it soak over night. Then, when you get it out, hang it, to dry. I use a cloth-hanger and cloth pins to do so.

Hi Laura, Welcome to Swirlydoos!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

WELCOME Laura from Tyler! Hope right in there honey!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Thank you ladies for your sweet comments!

*Tip: If you find that your tule is too stiff to work with, you can give it a little bath with fabric softener, and let it soak over night. Then, when you get it out, hang it, to dry. I use a cloth-hanger and cloth pins to do so.

I never thought of that, what a good idea!!!! Thanks!!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Pauline this is so pretty and the tip on the tule is great, thanks!

Welcome to the group Laura!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.