Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! Card tutorial using the GORGEOUS…October *Treasured Yesterdays * kit

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  LindaDriggs 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

So…. I'm going to give you a bigger sneak, then we already did in the announcement thread. This card is made with the, OMG ladies you will going to LOVE this kit.

card_zps1c14974f.jpg

And here is how it came together:

0_zps2d2a1ba5.jpg
    For the base of my card I folded an A4 piece of cardstock double, and trimmed off the edges till it meassured 5.3/8 x 6.1/2 inch. My fold is on the left side.

1_zps86b326eb.jpg
    Then I cut 2 strips of PP. 1 for the bottom, 5.1/4 x 1.1/4 inch and one for the top,
    5.1/4 x 7/8 of an inch.

2_zps94c82ff9.jpg
    This is the PP I chose for the center piece of my card, and I cut it at 5.1/4 x 4.1/2 inch

3_zpsc53ab3ba.jpg
    Then the barcode strip (of the same paper I used) was cut in 2 strips of 5.1/4 inch wide.
    the little piece at the top is an excess piece.

4_zps8a05ac79.jpg
    I slightly distressed the edges of the papers and inked them up, using Vintage Photo Distress ink. Glued them to the base card like this.

5_zps9c345640.jpg
    The top strip and 1 of the barcode strips: I got their edges distressed and inked. Glued them down like in the picture.

6_zps14e3c15a.jpg
    Then I took this note card. I cut 7/8 on an inch off, of the left side and 1.3/8 inch from the bottom. Then I eyeballed the center and tore the paper (towards me) till I recieved a, kind of triangle shape.

7_zps22460a6d.jpg
    like so

8_zps354868b2.jpg
    I glued it to the card like this, but didn't add glue all the way to the edges. I wanted to be able to curl/roll some of it up.

9_zpsb0308e61.jpg
    The ïn between space was filled with a piece of cardboard

10_zps1c018a2c.jpg
    And on top of that I glued the second piece of the barcode strip.

11_zps0a76f6bc.jpg
    Then I tore off a piece from a mesh bad-sponge for adding texture.

12_zpse9053ea0.jpg
    I took some hemp cord, wrapped it around my hand 3 times and stapled it in the middle.

13_zpsffde8a11.jpg
    Both the mesh and the hemp cord were glued down like this. The little white piece in the middle is to prevent getting glue on my fingers.

14_zpsc015dce8.jpg
    Look at that texture!!!! I love it.

15_zps599ba9a8.jpg
    I took 2 of the leaves off of the flowers, that came in the prima flowers pack. Inked their edges and glued them to the top like this.

16_zps5195d5d7.jpg
    I chose the yellow rose and one of the wooden embellishments to be my focal piece.

17_zpsebe57280.jpg
    On one of the stickpins that came in the Main kit, you find this little clock. I removed the pin and glued it to the wooden frame like this.

18_zpseb52e684.jpg
    From the lace, I cut 3 little strips…..

19_zpsa6b838bc.jpg
    and glued them like this. 2 at the right top and one on the left bottom.

20_zps933beed9.jpg
    Then I thought that I could cut this wooden embellishment to just use the word dream
    Well…. in my dreams The top layer came off and I thought, oh well, then we only use the top layer. I inked up the edges with walnut stain distress ink, directly from the pad and left it to dry.

21_zps6c8c5352.jpg
    Then I added some distress stickles to my flower and I fussy cut a tiny yellow butterfly which I placed at the right top.

22_zps986d021e.jpg
    In the meantime the ink had dried, I glued my word dream in place. And for the finishing touch I glued 3 golden pearls in the left bottom coer.

card_zps1c14974f.jpg
    And I called it DONE!

I hope you enjoyed this step by step tut!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Fabulous, Paulien!! And it's so pretty!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Thanks Paulien, sooo PRETTY! Love how you used the barcodes! The card looks so sweet and shabby…Always LOVE what you do!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Beautiful card.

I love this card!! Tfs this fab tut!!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

This is so gorgeously shabby!!! I love the to paper and all of the small strips an details that you've scattered throughout this card!!!!

(You're right about the kit; I'm petting mine now and it's gorgeous!!!!)

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I love this Paulien, you always come up with such cool cards!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE the shabby feel

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I am thinking that I should make this card, or my version of it anyway, but again… just waiting for my kit! That's the trouble with living way out here in the middle of nowhere! We love it anyway!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.