Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! Card tutorial using the January *Shabby Chalet* kit

This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Here it is:
    cardm_zpsfe927a2a.jpg

And here's how my card came together. I hope you like it.

0m_zpsc88401ec.jpg
    My base card is 6 x 8.3 and I lightly distressed the edges, using the Ingvild Bolme's distressing tool.

1m_zps18207e7a.jpg
    My first layer of PP was cut at 5.6 x 7.4

2m_zps78a21352.jpg
    My second layer of PP was cut at 5.2 (wide) x 5.4

3m_zps163a980d.jpg
    And I cut a strip of 5.6 x 0.5 which I used at the top.

4_zpsc37fb74e.jpg
    I distressed the edges of my papers and glued them like in the picture.

5_zps4d83e92f.jpg
    I cut out the doily from the Prima Flower packaging, which came in the mainkit.

6_zps04410b03.jpg
    And glued it to my card, using Fabri-Tac. And I glued the other piece of PP in place.

7_zpsf7902b36.jpg
    Then I selected my embellies, which I knew I definitely wanted to use. The ribbon was cut from 1 of the flowers that came in the kit.

8_zpsf383c448.jpg
    I prepped the die-cut window that came in the mainkit. Took all the little pieces out and folded at the score lines.

9_zpsf7fd3c97.jpg
    I added little pieces of left over chipboard, to the back of the die-cut window. I only added it to the middlest piece like in the photo.
    ***TIP***
    I always save the negative of the DA chippies. They are great to use on whatever needs to be lifted.

10_zps3945895d.jpg
    I then cut the 2 pieces on the left, to add to the back of the window. How? I simply layed my window on a piece of PP. Traced it and cut it to fit.

11_zps23f5817d.jpg
    I glued the pieces to the back of my window frame and glued down the Resin clock on top of the window using Fabri-Tac.

12_zps15befbb0.jpg
    I cut a part of the chipboard (CB) frame that came in the mainkit and painted it white, using acrylic paint. While the paint was still wet I sprinkled on some of the Lindy's embossing powder.

13_zpsc407b1d8.jpg
    I glued the CB piece to the bottom of my window, like in the picture, and set it aside for now.

14_zps01993fd8.jpg
    I took one of the flowers, that came in the kit, apart and cut the roset to get to use the beautiful sheer ribbon. I trimmed off the glued edge and then you are left with 2 sizes of ribbon. I glued the biggest right under my first layer.

15_zps1851fbe1.jpg
    And the other one right over the top layer. I used Beacon's Fabri-Tac to glue the ribbon down, because it dries totally clear. Then I took 2 of the pearl spray thingies and, (using my glue gun) glued them down at one end. twisted them around eachother, and gluing them down, little by little, till I reached the other end.

16_zpsa4010985.jpg
    here's a close up for you to see.

17_zps5e85f2b9.jpg
    I then glued my window embellishment to the card as well as 3 little roses in the center of the doily that I cut out earlier.

18_zps7fe4acb6.jpg
    I took another 2 sprays and slided the pearls to one end.

19m_zps2cec093d.jpg
    Glued them in a half circle above the roses using my glue gun. Then I added stickles to the inner and outher line of the pearls, to cover the hot glue.

20m_zps426771df.jpg
    Like SO. I also rubbed some stickles over my flower petals, using my fingers.

21m_zps65949c5b.jpg
    And to my window with shutters embellishment.

22m_zpsf107ff17.jpg
    I alsmost called it done, but I was missing some detail work…..

23mo_zps87739f05.jpg
    So I added some Puffy Paint. When I heatsetted it, the embossing powder on the little CB, melted too ofcourse. I loved the shimmer the embossing powder gave, before heat setting, but I love the result even more after heating. And now, by adding this tiny detail………………………..

cardm_zpsfe927a2a.jpg
    I called my card DONE!

Here are some close ups:

cardtopm_zps372a0fe5.jpg

cardbottomm_zps749dc33f.jpg

I would take a moment and say THANK YOU to all of you. For all the sweet comments you always leave me. You guys are the bestest!!!!

Paulien, I love your card. Thank you so much for sharing your great ideas.

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Love this card. Again so full of details that I never would have thought of.

Another gorgeous card, Paulien! Love your tutorials! Thanks so much for sharing all these details! I would never have thought of tearing one of the flowers apart to use for ribbon trim!

Wow Pauline, so beautiful.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

So many gorgeous details! Love it, Paulien!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

This design is totally gorgeous!!!!!!
          I love the softness of it and (of course) all of the details that only you can think up!!!!!

Thanks so much !heart

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Gorgeous card Pauline and what a great idea for the trim. I love the window die, is that a Spellbinders die?

Beautiful card! Never would have thought to cut apart one of the flowers and use it for ribbon.

Thanks ladies! Steph…. I don't think so. This was a die-cut piece that came in the January kit.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Oh WOW! Fabulous Pauline – the colours are so wonderful and all the little embellies and what you do to them are stunning.

Snagg1
                Send PM

Super gorgeous work as only you can do Paulien. You are so good at that monochromatic softness!

Snagg1
                  Send PM

So shabby gorgeous-I need to save those negative pieces!

oh wow! this monochromatic white card is gorgeous! so chic and beautiful! thanks for the step by step!

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

Yes, I love it! So shabbylicious! Lots of great detail!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.