This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GlitterGirl 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

As a new DT member, I would first like to say a few words. My step by step tutorials, are
    STEP by STEP Lots of pictures and instructions. The reason why I do this, is that we want to welcome, our beginner crafters, with open arms. The instructions will be easy to follow, but IF there is any question, please ask. okay lets get started.
    tutorialcard1pic.jpg

Supplies: white or cream cardstock – design papers – paper trimmer – exacto knife – foam dots or foam adhesive – glue or double sided adhesive – edge distresser (or your fingeails) hot glue gun – Gesso – flat brush – ink foam-blending tool – vintage photo, frayed burlap distress ink – Rock Candy distress stickles – 3 white flowers from the kit – 3 baby roses – pearls or liquid pearls – one of Lisa's butterflies.

IMG_3087.jpg
    Take a 6 x 12 white or cream piece of cardstock. fold double. This is your card base.

IMG_3089.jpg
    Cut a piece of design paper of 5.6 x 3.5

IMG_3090.jpg
    Cut another piece of design paper of 5.6 x 3.5

IMG_3092.jpg
    Cut another piece of design paper of 3.3 x 4.5

IMG_3093.jpg
    Fold it gently double and cut one coer off.

IMG_3094.jpg
    You'll end up with a tag shape.

IMG_3096.jpg
    Cut another piece of design paper of 3 x 2

IMG_3097.jpg
    Cut a small piece of design paper of 1.5 x 1.2

IMG_3102.jpg
    Cut the little word post card out of your design paper.

IMG_3103.jpg
    Distress the edges. You can do this by using an edge distresser or using your fingeails. I like to slightly wetten my paper first, by running a babywipe along the edges, then scratch with my nails along the edges. Ink your edges.

IMG_3098-1.jpg
    Distress all the edges of your papers.
    IMG_3100.jpg
    Distress the base of your card.

IMG_3105.jpg
    Glue your first design paper at the top of your card.

IMG_3091.jpg
    Take the flowery design paper and cut with your exacto knife around the flowers, something like this.

IMG_3106.jpg
    Add glue or double side adhesive to your back of your paper. Something like this.
    You have to be careful that you don't glue the part that needs to be lifted, otherwise we can't slice our tag undeeath. Glue this piece of design paper at the bottom of your card.

IMG_3107.jpg
    Fold the flap a little open and add some pop dots or foam adhesive. Don't take the backing off yet.

IMG_3108.jpg
    Add glue to your tag and slice it under the cut around flowers.
    Take the backing off of your foam dots and stick down on your tag.

IMG_3109.jpg
    Take the 3 x 2 and the 1.5 x 1.2 pieces of design paper and glue them like this onto your tag.

IMG_3110.jpg
    Take the little Post Card strip and glue it onto your tag, something like this.
    Add a brad. I always cut of the iron legs and attach it by using my hot glue gun.

IMG_3104.jpg
    Take 3 of the white flowers that come in the kit and strip them, something like this.
    We only will use the white rozettes.

IMG_3112.jpg
    Take 3 little baby roses (or you can also use pearls or whatever you'd like for the centers)
    and glue them in the centers of the rozettes. Glue them down to your card, something like this.

IMG_3101.jpg
    Cut a little butterfly. I used one of Lisa's uploaded butterflies.
    Rub the wings with Rock Candy distress stickles. Let it dry or heat dry it.

IMG_3113.jpg
    Take a little Gesso and let it dry for a minute of 5-10. This way, it gets a little sturdy and gives you a better way to handle it and add even more texture.

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg
    Add the Gesso to your card at the top left and the bottom right. I used a flat paint brush to bring it on. Let it dry or heat dry it.

IMG_3117.jpg
    Take some little pearls or liquid pearls and place them on the right top of your card, and the bottom left.

IMG_3118.jpg
    Place your butterfly.

IMG_3119.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg
    For the final touch: When the Gesso is all dry, lightly whipe some vintage photo distress ink
    over the raised area's, using your foam-ink blending tool. And your done!!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

oooooooo that is awesome 🙂 love it!!!!!!! tytyty

Awesome! I've never worked w/Gesso but definitely want to give it a try!

Question: is there a particular type of gesso to try or is it all the same? Does it come in colors or is it standard white?

What a great tutorial!!! The card is so cute!!!

Erica, I just use regular (cheap) white Gesso. Yes I believe there is black Gesso too, I never used it. Gesso is easy to color and mixed with any acrylic paint, or maybe even with a drop of alcohol ink. I like to use my Distress re-inkers to color the Gesso.

Snagg1
        Send PM

Paulien this is outstanding!!! Thank you so much. I love how you made the tag and fussy cut the flower to pop it off the page. I adore all of the texture you use and had no idea that you let your Gesso sit to thicken first.

*clapping* YAY love this 🙂

Thank you Paulien for a wonderfully beautiful tutorial!! The card is beautiful!! Your instructions are perfectly easy to follow!! Bravo!!!! *clapping with Lisa*

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Thanks Paulien!!!! I soooo have to make some cards now!!!

Snagg1
            Send PM

Oh, Pauline – thank you so much – I always love your creations. Been n the fence about gesso – no I have to get some. I love how you gave dementions.

Gorgeous card, Paulien! Thankyou so much for sharing this awesome tutorial with us!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Oh Paulien this is so awesome. As one of the beginning crafters, I thank you so much! I will be trying this right away!!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Oh Paulien!! This is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Not only a beautiful card, but an awesome tutorial, Paulien!!!! Thanks so very much and let me join in with the applause.
                  *clapping with the Lisas*Yayyyyyy!!!!!

You girls are funny!!!! Thanks ladies!

Beautiful card and great tutorial! Thanks, Paulien!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.