Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Cards, Cards…it's all about CARDS! Cards tutorial using our NEW December kit

This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Today I have the honor to give you a huge sneak peek of our new December kit.
    Some elements I used are from previous kits and others from my stash, but I know that you savages have something like it

PicMonkeyCollagem_zps5a20f829.jpg
    Yes there are 2 cards this time, simply because! So, here we go…..

0_zpsa56d8ba4.jpg
    For the first card I started out with this note-card piece that you can find on one of the PP in the Main kit. As you look closely to the bottom part, you already see that I made a fold line.

1_zps9c1f9377.jpg
    This is where I cut carefully around the banner part. SAVE your cut off piece!!

2_zpsd882f72c.jpg
    Then I cut this piece of PP at 4 x 2

3_zps3b5cd6dc.jpg
    I cut my base layer of PP at 4.1/4 x 6.1/2

4_zpsc1d21c65.jpg
    Because this will be a mat, I cut out the middelest section. SAVE that part!!

5_zpsbbfe1424.jpg
    For the base of my card I folded an A4 piece of white cardstock double and trimmed it down to 4.1/2 x 6.3/4 My fold is on the left.

6_zps78061bf6.jpg
    I gave the edges some color using Shimmerz-Inklingz in French Twist, that came in the Mediums AddOn. After it dried I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

7_zps4e56d73e.jpg
    I distressed the edges of my papers and started gluing them down like this.

8_zpsfb2bb6f2.jpg
    I added a little snippet of lace to the note card and wrapped some pink trim around it. We've got that in a previous kit.

9_zps5d53adbd.jpg
    Then I randomly scooped some Gesso onto the card

10_zps8f80f7ee.jpg
    Placed a piece of packaging (from the BoBunny bling that came in the Main kit) over it

11_zps015bfd73.jpg
    and pressed down with my hands. Trying to smooth it out.

12_zpsdfd828df.jpg
    I removed the acetate and this is what I came out with. I set it aside to dry and started
    card number 2

13_zps6fb3edf2.jpg
    I took the cut out pieces from the brown paper and the dotted paper.

14_zps57826925.jpg
    The base layer for this card is the, BoBunny bling packaging. I needed it to be a bit less tall so I cut it at 1.8 inch from te top, and marked 1/4 of an inch down, to be my glue line.

15_zpsa643e61a.jpg
    Then I distressed the edges of the brown PP and glued it to the Bo Bunny card, like so

16_zps43c2cff5.jpg
    Then I glued the dotted paper at the bottom.

17_zpsbdfd3af6.jpg
    I placed my stencil at the top of the Bo Bunny card and taped it down.

18_zpsfb541c27.jpg
    Using structure paste and a spatula I added the stenciling. Set it aside for a few minutes.

19_zps3a97da51.jpg
    I folded the top part of the brown PP down and secured it with a brad. I placed some lace and pearls that came in the Main kit. I colored the stenciled part using the Shimmerz Inklingz in French Twist. You could do this with Inkagold also. Then I finally distressed and inked all the edges.

20_zpsa687e0d3.jpg
    I cut a pink mat at 3.5 x 5.6 and colored the edges with Shimmerz Inklingz – French Twist. And I cut the base card from dark brown card stock. Folded it double (my fold is at the top) and I cut it a tad bit wider that the pink mat. Glued them together.

21_zpsc2cbcd95.jpg
    I glued the Bo Bunny card to the basecard and tied some snippets of tulle together and glued it on top of the brad.

22_zps93d42bd6.jpg
    Then I wrapped some twine into a bow and glued it on top of the tulle.

24_zps104d2298.jpg
    Using the green mist we got in last month's Medium AddOn, I colored 2 die cutted leaves.

25_zps6ec279c2.jpg
    I glued my leaves and flower on top of the tulle and twine.

26_zpsa398aece.jpg
    From the Bo Bunny Film Strip I cut this piece off and fussy cut the bird. SAVE the scraps!!!

27_zps73124df1.jpg
    I wanted the bird to fly above the card, so I glued a big pearl onto my card

28_zpsb37e2bee.jpg
    And placed the bird on top of it. I used Beacon 3 in 1 to glue the bird to the pearl.

29m_zpsebb7e476.jpg
    And I called it done!
    back to the first card……

30_zps182bd753.jpg
    Using the stencil from the Medium AddOn and structure paste, I added the stenciling. Set it aside to dry.

31_zpsdd8b3eb1.jpg
    Then I misted a fabric flower, using Glimmermist in Latte. I used my heat tool to dry it.

32_zps0a994b90.jpg
    Then using a scrap of lace and a self adhesive Bo Bunny pearl I embellished the center of the flower. I thougth it looked pretty!

33_zps2a087762.jpg
    After the structure paste had dried, I ran over my card with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
    To get the structure paste back to it's own color I used a damp cloth to wipe of the ink and placed my flower.

34_zps6a5df7e0.jpg
    Then from the Film Strip, of which I earlier cut the bird out, I cut the outher edges and
    glued them to the top of this card.

35_zps137dd364.jpg
    in the center of the design, of the stenciled pate, I could fit in a 1.1/2# cirle, on which I planned to stamp my sentiment on. So I drew a 1.1/2# circle and used a scalloped deco scissor to cut out. Then I inked the edges with Vintage Photo DI

36_zps066dcd0e.jpg
    I marked my petal, to know where to stamp.

37_zps79f7ac6a.jpg
    Then glued it in place. I also added some bling from the top towards my flower.

38_zps4ca7054d.jpg
    I die cut some leaves and colored them using the mist that came in last month's Medium AddOn. Heat set it and inked the edges using Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.

39_zps8b01216d.jpg
    And glued them in place.

40_zps86a5ba8c.jpg
    Then, and I know that you are hoarders like me, so you probably have some netting lying around. I safed mine from a bouquet flowers. I cut a big triangle out of it and glued it, ruffling up, in an angle to my card. I used Beacon Fabri-Tac for gluing the fabric to my card.

41m_zps8faaf00c.jpg
    And I called it done.

I hope you like these cards and that you leaed something from all my rambling… lol

I also would like to say Thank You for all the sweet comments you always leave me on my tutorials. I really apreciate them! So…. Thank You!!

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Oh Paulien, these are both so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Gorrgeous cards Paulien!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

LOVE these gorgeous cards, Paulien! Thank you so much for the tutorial!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Great cards as always Paulien. You are so creative, thank you for sharing your talents with us.

Ladies, I have been lucky enough to receive one Paulien's wonderful cards. You think they are pretty online. In person you get to see all her beautiful details. Just stunning!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Stunning, stunning cards Paulien! I just love all the little details you add to your cards! Thank you so much for the tutorial!

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Two fabulous cards Paullien – so many wonderful details. Thank you x

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Pauline, you are a genius when it comes to cards, they are always SO pretty!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Amazing, as always, Paulien!

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Paulien, these are just so beautiful and your tutorial, as always, is a wonderful step-by-step demonstration of how to make cards full of details!!!!

Like Kim, I am fortunate to have one of Paulien's gorgeous creations and I agree: You think they are pretty online. In person you get to see all her beautiful details. Just stunning!

awww…. you all are THE BEST!

Great tutorials, Paulien. I can't wait to get the December kit.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

Gorgeous!!! I have only recently looked in making cards. WOW have I been missing out!!

Snagg1
                        Send PM

Perfect Paulien! Your tuts are just packed with detail so creating is a breeze 🙂

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Gorgeous as always, Paulien!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.