Home Forums Scrap Chat CHA – New Product Releases Cha news Dec/Jan 2015

This topic contains 45 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Interesting!!!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Im in love with their new stuff – especially the tools, Finnabair's stuff, and their new Memory Hardware…..

I haven't really seen to much of anyone elses….but Prima has got ALOT of new stuff coming!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Thanks for the links to the peeks, Maja! It's beautiful!!!

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

I'm in love with Timeless. When I saw the title, I thought oh, they're rehashing the Almanac, but they most certainly are not! I love the colors and pattes and I moost have some of those trinkets!!!!

Thanks, Maja, for the links!

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Timeless is Awesome…I want it!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Timeless memories is workable. It's rather plain, so it could be filler in a kit. Other than that I haven't been very impressed with the sneaks Prima has been showing.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I love the Timeless Memories one but not so much for the other one.

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Maybe it is my mood but I am not overly impressed with any of it, pretty sure I can find similar already in my stash. The design team work though is impressive.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Today was the first day that I would say I was impressed- the hardware line with all the mini album stuff was pretty cool. http://prima.typepad.com/prima/2014/12/presenting-memory-hardware.html It's mostly stuff you've probably seen before, like Kaisercraft with the little knobs and glass clioches and stuff, but it's nice to see it all in one place. The gatefold album is nice. 🙂

Snagg1
                      Send PM

The gatefold is nice, the metal looks like they stole from Tim. The papers are nice, but I gotta say I'm getting tired of work that looks like the artist filled their mouth with stuff and just spit it all over their paper !mistrust It's become so prevalent, I guess I just tend to lean towards the traditional Lisa Gregory, Gabi Pollacco look.

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I haven't seen a Prima line that I liked so much for the sneaks so far. They all look like recycled images from past lines, some of them even have the same color scheme= F'ING BORING. The Timeless Memories is devoid of any character from the sneaks they have shown- it isn't awful, but what sort of theme is it, ya know?

I agree, Paula- there seems to be a trend where layouts have lost some key elements of design, taking the anything goes or there are no rules to a new plane. For me, the focus will always be the picture. A picture is worth a thousand words, IF you can see it among the rest of the elements on your page.

Snagg1
                          Send PM

My hubby will look at all these los that are on our feed on fb and the first thing he says is isn't the picture supposed to be the star?

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Well I do like all of this collection.

I like papers that can give a neutral look to the page so that the photo and flowers can pop ;). Neutral papers also works well with some mixed media.
                            But I agree with Paula many layouts today are just to busy and messy. And as You say Rae the photo has to be in focus…. otherwise it isn´t scrapbooking to me…. but it can be ART ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.