This topic contains 48 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  craftysprinkles 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author

OK – I am too cheap to buy Timmy Holtz blending tools, but not too cheap to buy 800 pieces of Dusty Attic and 672 yards of Prima Lace. Clearly I have a warped sense of where to save money.

BUTTTTTT, Whenever I buy brads and embellies that have foam, I save the foam and use that as my blending tool for the Timmy inks, stains, mixatives, etc. The foam works well for me because I can dab the coer of the foam and get inside masks pretty well if I want to blend (if I am not spritzing or misting).

That blending tool does not provide me with as much control as I like. And i guess I feel a real need to micro-manage my LO's lest they go off on their own and get all funky on me behind my back.

Or perhaps the deep-rooted problem I have is throwing anything out and the real reason why I am using the foam as a blending tool?????

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

I barely use his blending tool too. I'm quick to grab a makeup sponge to use it. since I don't wear makeup a bag of sponges last me a long time

Great idea, Jen. Never thought of that.

I barely use his blending tool too. I'm quick to grab a makeup sponge to use it. since I don't wear makeup a bag of sponges last me a long time

ohhhh the makeup sponges – yes yes yes they are almost the same type of compound as the brad sponge. great thinking

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM
        Quote:

ohhhh the makeup sponges – yes yes yes they are almost the same type of compound as the brad sponge. great thinking
        [/quote130218582
        I like the tip edge it has for more detailing possibilities

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Oh I love my Timmy blending tools, I have a BUNCH!! I tried makeup sponges and they wore out too quickly and fell apart – could be that I bought really cheap ones at Wally world though!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

QT – yep I am with ya.

Oh I love my Timmy blending tools, I have a BUNCH!! I tried makeup sponges and they wore out too quickly and fell apart – could be that I bought really cheap ones at Wally world though!!

Gads, I hate you gals that are not as cheap as me!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

I don't have as much control with the makeup sponges…too dense or something anyway, the timmy tools aren't THAT expensive…like you say….just trade a couple of da one month for the blending tool or I think that Lisa (starsailor) has made them…if I remember she has them somewhere on one of the forums….maybe she can post again…

You can buy just one tool and chage out the foam. I keep my foans in little plastic bags with the name written on it .That way you only need one tool!

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I do the same…

i have 2, but i'm having my dad make a whack more ;D

I have 6 blending tools, I want about 4 more, so all my colors have there own tool. :p I hate changing out the foams.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I just ordered 2 more from the store the other day…I only have one and change the foams

OK – ladies – clearly NO ONE is as cheap as I am. LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.