Home Forums Tutorials, Tips, Tricks and Techniques Flower Tutorials Cinnabon's Twisted Camelot Flower

This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

This is my version of the Camelot Doop tutorial I found on Youtube by Jadedstudios.

SDC15462.jpg

Here is the list of supplies I use:
    distress ink
    blending tool
    crafting tweezers
    heat tool
    adheasive
    water
    any kind of shimmering spray
    small retro punch for mini rose
    2 -5 petal flowers at size of your preference. I used my cricut/gypsy, cartridge Wandering gypsy
    2.44 in/width, 2.38 in/hieght
    1-5 petal flower approx one inch smaller than the 2 larger. I used the same flower at 1.48 in/width, 1.44 in/height.
    5 small retro flowers for the mini rose for center

SDC15464.jpg

I like to ink all the edges first with distress ink with my blending tool, and on the 5 retro flowers I do the backs as well.

SDC15465.jpg

I then spritz with water and the ink bleeds, giving it a soft blended look. Then blot of excess water.

SDC15466.jpg

Next, take your tweezers and twist each petal in the same direction.

SDC15468.jpg

It should look something like this.

SDC15470.jpg

Here comes my little twist that makes them abit different. With both hands I use 2 fingers and push the flower towards the center and give it a little twist. If the petals tear a bit, its not a problem as you don't see it anyways.

SDC15473.jpg

Then it looks like this! Now take your heat tool and dry it.

SDC15474.jpg

Do this to all three flowers.

SDC15476.jpg

I then make the mini rose, following which ever tutorial you choose, or using a Primi mini rose, inked, and remove the leaves.

SDC15477.jpg

I then spritz them all with a Shimmer mist. On this flower I used Smooch Spritz in Spun Sugar. Dry with your heat tool.

SDC15480.jpg

I then assemble, alteating the petals and glue down with either Zip Dry adhesive or the glue gun. This is the finished product!

These are beautiful, Bonnie! Thanks for the tutorial!

Pretty!!! ;D

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Bonnie, thanks so much, beautiful flowers, great tut!!!!!

Are these the ones you used on that amazing LOTW?

BEAUTIMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw the tutorial on You Tube a while ago, Yours are so much more beautiful than the ones she did…Thank You so much for an awesome tutorial!! Your Camelot Doop flowers are awesome!!

Your tut was better than the one on Youtube….lots easier to understand and follow. BTW….loved your LO. It was certainly a winner in my book!

Beautiful! I need some of those punches. So much easier than tuing on my silhouette and computer. I will be visiting michaels soon.

Great tut…..very pretty flower! Thanks so much!

Love those punches….I have 4or 5 different sizes of them…a definite moost have Lisa!

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

Gorgeous flowers and great tutorial!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

WOW!!!! Thanks!!!!!

very pretty!

Bonnie, wonderful tut. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm gonna try this

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Awww, beautiful Bonnie!! TFS!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Very nice, will be trying that one

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.