Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff Clear Stamps are turning yellow

This topic contains 44 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Help!!

Tips anyone? I went to go use them this evening and noticed a few of them were yellow. yuck. Tried cleaning them but that didn't work. Any good tips? Why does that happen and can it be prevented?

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Don't freak out! It happens. A LOT Actually. It isn't harming your stamps. Some yellow, some don't. Some stain, some don't. Unless they're falling apart – they're okay! Just a little ugly maybe LOL

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

I think it just makes them look used. Then I don't feel bad about the collection LOL

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Well, as long as the still work, right? 🙂

Do you store where they are exposed to light??? Sunlight will make them tu yellow!!

Yeah,  alot of mine are discolored!

Yeah, some polymers are more prone to yellowing. the cheaper the stamps are made, the more they will yellow…I expect my TH stamps to NEVER YELLOW! :p

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Some aren't suppose to do that…but they tu anyway!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Most of mine are stained, because I'm too lazy to get up and clean them :P

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

I have also been told that Staz-on ink is bad for them-makes them break down faster. I believe it since i had a set that I used Staz-on with quite a bit and now they are gummy.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

I pretty much only use Staz On…. I can't stand waiting for the other inks to dry.

Most of mine are stained, because I'm too lazy to get up and clean them :P

LMAO…oh me too. This was actually like the 2nd time I cleaned them so I thought it was my fault for not cleaning on a regular basis. Good to know that it's normal and yes they still work..well some have lost the stickiness on the back…but they work. Thank u ladies!;)

supposedly washing them in warm soapy water will make them cling again. I say supposedly because it doesn't always work for me.

Stained is different, a lot of mine are stained! I do occasionally wash them if they get unclingy.

But the polymer wear tus them yellow, then they can get brittle and hard and your stamp in done! 🙁

Tim Holtz just gives his a wipe…They always look so grungy…But oh does his stamping always come out beautiful…Don't fret a little yellow..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.