Home Forums Scrap Chat Ask the Designers Clogged Smooch….

This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lisajoy 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

I opened a new tube of Smooch gold…and I sprayed about 3 flower centers….and then it clogged….

How do you unclog the sprayer? I transferred the liquid into a mini-mister and finished the spraying, but I'll bet it happens again…..

Krissy
    Krissy
    Swirly Admin
      Send PM

Debbie, soak the sprayer in hot water. If that doesn't work try 409 cleaner.

Snagg1
        Send PM

That's the problem with the Smooch sprays, the constantly clog. I've had to pull the sprayer apart and rinse it all out then put it back together. I've finally resorted to the mini misters too. I get too pissed off. LOL

That's the problem with the Smooch sprays, the constantly clog. I've had to pull the sprayer apart and rinse it all out then put it back together. I've finally resorted to the mini misters too. I get too pissed off. LOL

this is what I do too. They drive me up a wall with how quickly they clog

That is why I have pretty much given up on them. I LOVE the colors, but the clogging is insane. I think it is the formula.

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

yeah, and they leak!!

I also replace in a minimister

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

craftysprinkles
          Swirly Scrapper
            Send PM

Clog & leak here, too.
            Like Manda, I've pretty much given up on them & too bad, the colors are awesome.

Yeah! I guess I did the right thing by switching to the Mini-mister….Thanks Savages for the input. Made me feel better that I'm not the only one having the problem….

How interesting. I have more trouble with Glimmer Mist than smooch. Maybe it's luck of the draw…. Bummer.

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Yeah, the Smooch is not my friend. I love the colors, but mine ALWAYS leak. And, I hate that they are in glass bottles. I mist outside, and I dropped a bottle right in front of my front door at night, and it broke. I also use the mini misters.

Mini misters ROCK!! Thank goodness for those things!

I have found that IF my GM clogs, it is easy to fix, hot water, maybe a blast of canned air and viola, good as new, but the Smooch? Forget that. It is messy and leaky and cloggy. 🙁 I am going to transfer all of them to misters, then maybe I will use them!

I have to say, I have not had problem ONE with any of the Lindy's Gang mists. They are awesome!

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

or with the Perfect pearls Mists

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Lindy's and Perfect Pearls are problem-free for me, too.
                  I find that if I place a bottle of GM upside down for 10 – 15 minutes, shake side to side like they show you, open then close the top to settle the air pressure, another shake or two and I'm pretty much problem-free. I know that this sound like eye of newt, toe of frog, but at least I don't have to rub the bottles with garlic ;D

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

hehe

Snagg1
                      Send PM

I agree with you all; Perfect Pearl Mist and Lindy's have been awesome and not a single clog!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.