May 3, 2014 at 3:11 am #5955
An older layout that needs an update. You are going to remodel it! All other supplies are completely up to you!
What you need to do:
1. Take a picture of your layout for the before picture.
2. Make FIVE upgrades to your layout. Keep track of them so you can tell us what you did.
3. Take an after picture.
4. And, post your before and after pics here!May 3, 2014 at 5:24 pm #237366
Remodeling time! Here's a layout I made with my first Swirlydoos kit. Even though I think it's one of my better layouts from the early days, I think it needs an update!
So, I decided to see what I could to do to spruce it up a bit.
Here's a list of how I remodeled my layout:
1. Added more distressing to all the layers, including the circle.
2. Toned down the white title with some brown chalk ink.
3. Added some jewels under the title.
4. Gave the flower cluster a complete overhaul, adding vines and other small flowers.
5. Added some small flowers next to the title.
6. Added an extra large layer and used a border punch on the existing bottom layer.
7. Added a metal coer to the top.
I am much happier with this one!
Now let's see what you YOU can do!May 3, 2014 at 5:28 pm #237365
WOW what a cool challenge and love your makeover. The changes really are subtle yet they make a difference! WTG!May 3, 2014 at 5:54 pm #237362May 3, 2014 at 5:57 pm #237363
Very neat to see the change! Amazing what a few little tweaks here and there does to an already beautiful layout!May 3, 2014 at 6:07 pm #237361
Wow I cannot believe how much of a difference those little things make.May 3, 2014 at 6:12 pm #237360
So pretty, going back a few years can be shocking to say the least! I was being lazy and just stacking my lo's on top of my shadowbox frame instead of removing the pic and putting a new one in. Well after finally putting about 6 lo's away, I took the lo in the frame out and nearly died! I had just started fussy cutting, and I was still putting my page titles smack dab on the top and centered! Yeesh what a diff and only about 3 yrs ago!May 3, 2014 at 6:17 pm #237359
Only 3 years ago gal? That can't be toooo bad. You'll have to post ur before and afters.May 3, 2014 at 6:30 pm #237364May 3, 2014 at 7:48 pm #237358
Is'nt it amazing how a few little extra touches can change the whole look of a layout. Fab challenge Rae and love the changes to your LO!May 3, 2014 at 8:54 pm #237357
Nice upgrade Rae…when does this challenge close? I am getting a late start on NSD, so would like to enter this one.May 3, 2014 at 8:57 pm #237355
Thanks, Debbie! All challenges end next Saturday, Midnight MST. You have plenty of time. 🙂May 3, 2014 at 9:00 pm #237356May 3, 2014 at 9:39 pm #237354
Ooh great challenge Rae! I've been wanting to re-do my DD's baby album are lord knows I never have time to get around to it but this challenge gets my gears tuing!May 4, 2014 at 6:38 am #237353
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.