Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges ~CLOSED~ Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue Challenge

This topic contains 123 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 125 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

This month (Feb 13- March 15th) I have a fun challenge for you. There are only four requirements, you need to have the following on your project (layout, card, canvas, OTP, whatever your heart desires you to make!)

1. Something Old
          This should be something you have had in your stash for over a year. You can add as many old things as you like. 
      2. Something New
         Pick out something(s) that is brand new! Anything from the current kit will work, but if you've been scrap shopping lately, USE your new stuff!
      3. Something Borrowed
         This can be ANYTHING that you are borrowing from any room in your house, or is not manufactured for scrapbooking per se, like chicken wire, popsicle        sticks, jewelry, etc.
      4. Something Blue 
          Use blue! Should be easy, because there is a LOT of blue in the Artful Blues kit. 

Here's an example I created using the Artful Blues kit:
      1423676792_16_FT256417_feb_2015_besties_lo.jpg

1. Something Old- I used some teal flowers we got in the Belle Chanson kit a couple of years ago, and a resin cherub.
      2. Something New- the kit! AND, I also used some Stamendous fragments on the die cut paper that I just bought, along with a new Spellbinders die that I cut into two and used under the photo mat. 
      3. Something Borrowed- Chicken wire- admittedely this is kind of lame because it did come in the kit, but I'm sure you all can be much more creative with this requirement. 🙂
      4. Something Blue- Well, papers, flowers, you get the idea!

So, those are the requirements. You do not have to use the Artful Blues kit. Just upload your project to the Facebook Gallery HERE by March 15th.

Krissy
      Krissy
      Swirly Admin
        Send PM

This is an awesome challenge, Rae! Your page is just gorgeous!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

What an awesome challenge! And your sample page is soooooooo GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Fun challenge and awesome page.

Snagg1
            Send PM

Great challenege! I love being prompted to pull from my burgeoning stash that is taking over my assigned area *catch the subtle complaint there ;)*. love your page Rae, gorgeous !heart

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

Awesome challenge Rae, it will be fun!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

Great challenge and great sample Rae!

craftysprinkles
                Swirly Scrapper
                  Send PM

Funnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I've got thoughts running through my head; let's see what sticks. Thanks for coming up with this, Rae.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

Who is going to work on this? ;)

Krissy
                    Krissy
                    Swirly Admin
                      Send PM

I'm working on it.

Great fun challenge Rae. Looking forward to it. going to start this week.
                      Your layout is gorgeous, taking note of the spellbinders die behind your photo, love it!

I'm not sure this is finished. I can't decide if it needs more shading around the embellishments. Anyway, it is a large pencil box from Kaisercraft (new) embellished with flowers from my stash (old), a bottle cap filled with microbeads (borrowed), and sprayed with soft teal, summer sky, and iris Color Bloom sprays (blue). The large flower in the middle is a fabric flower Peggy sent me in a RAK. The box is going to hold my paint brushes. My cat steals them and hides them under the couch if I leave them out.
                      [img:width=600&height=350]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1424734846_2757_FT257503_february_2015_014a_.jpg[/img]

[img:width=600&height=450]/wp-content/uploads/2014/1424734846_2757_FT257503_february_2015_019a_.jpg[/img]

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

Gorgeous box Sue. I love the way you embellished the top.

Krissy
                        Krissy
                        Swirly Admin
                          Send PM

Mine is done, but it's too dark to photograph it. I'll upload it tomorrow.

Krissy
                          Krissy
                          Swirly Admin
                            Send PM

Sue that box is so pretty, love how the top tued out! I think that's so cute that your cat steals them, lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 125 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.