Home Forums Scrap Chat Challenges **CLOSED – WINNER**Vintage Traditions Sketch Challenge

This topic contains 122 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 124 total)
  • Author

Snagg1
      Send PM

We hereby challenge you to use the sketch below as your inspiration to create a layout using your Swirlydoos Vintage Traditions kit.

You must upload your project to the Vintage Traditions sketch challenge gallery to be eligible for a fab little RAK of scrappy goodness! You have until September 17th to load your gorgeous piece of art into the gallery. There will either be a vote or a random winner – and the winner shall be announced in the in this thread shortly thereafter.

Look at this month's lovely sketch!

untitled-5.jpg 

Here is the designers' interpretation 🙂

Rae

SDRae-3.jpg

Lisa V

SDLisaV-2.jpg

Irene

SDIrene-3.jpg 

Heidi

SDHeidi-2.jpg

Angelica

SDAng-3.jpg

Vicky

SDVicky-3.jpg 

This is a beautiful sketch! All of the DT LO's are gorgeous! It still amazes me how different each LO is when using the same sketch and scrapbook goodies!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Ahhhh, there it is!!!!!
        I love this sketch; can't wait to roll up my sleeves and give it a try.
        Ladies, your examples are gorgeous!!!!!!

Krissy
        Krissy
        Swirly Admin
          Send PM

Ladies your examples are fantastic!!

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

This was a tricky sketch to work with!! But the results are gorgoeus!!

"Some cars look like they're going fast when they're standing still. The Camaro looks like it's going to beat you unconscious, put you in a silly hat, invite a couple of other Camaros over to take photos of you, then e-mail them to all your friends and co-workers. Call me crazy, but I like that in a car."

Krissy
            Krissy
            Swirly Admin
              Send PM

I have had my kit for over a week and I keep looking at it as I just got finished doing and then I pack it back into the box. i am having a very difficult time picking out any pictures to go with this kit. I really don't have any vintage pictures…. I like all the designs that the DT have created they are gorgeous………..

Snagg1
                Send PM

Debbie, do what some other people do; search for free vintage photos on the web and use those. Or, you can make any of your photos vintage by using a photo editing software, or like i like to do…use a sanding block to rough up the photo. 🙂

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

Wow, great sketch and all of the samples are gorgeous!

Oh, Ladies….just adore all the LO's for this challenge. They are truly beautiful. I just might give this on a try since I found some vintage photos on ancestry.com. It was a gold mine of old pics of my ancestors.

craftysprinkles
                  Swirly Scrapper
                    Send PM

I have had my kit for over a week and I keep looking at it as I just got finished doing and then I pack it back into the box. i am having a very difficult time picking out any pictures to go with this kit. I really don't have any vintage pictures…. I like all the designs that the DT have created they are gorgeous………..

You can do it, Debbie! I just used everyday pics of my kiddos for my layouts. I know these papers can be a little intimidating- they do seem hard to match up with pics, but if you just print some out and lay them on the papers you will come up with the perfect combo! 🙂

Snagg1
                      Send PM

Gorgeous.

Lovely layouts from DT and a lovely sketch.

I have been thinking about this sketch since I got my kit this week, but I aren't at home for the weekend so I have to keep on thinking.
                      Maybe I can print the pictures on monday and get started.

I too love this sketch. I think if you print current pictures in either sepia or B & W they will go with the pp in this months kit!

BTW….I love all the different samples done by the DT. They really captured the versatility of how this kit can be used.

Krissy
                      Krissy
                      Swirly Admin
                        Send PM

august2012012num1.jpg

This is my take of the sketch, and believe it or not all the paper came out of the kit,lol.. Lisa I went with what you told me and sanded the pictures. Dont know why it is so big, I have resized it twice….. But a least you can see the details,,,,lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 124 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.