Home Forums Scrap Chat General Stuff COPICS

This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

HELLLLLLLLLP! I don't have any and I SO want to buy some. J's has them on sale right now but I am lost in choosing the right starter set for me. Most of what I do is earth tones and pastels. I'm looking at the Ciao sets because of affordability. Which set should I go for? I wish I could do the 72 pk but that's probably more than I can justify starting out.

Thanks ladies!

No help here for you! I know absolutely nothing about them. I hate to buy anything else that will start another addiction! tee-hee I've got stuff I have NEVER opened…..I'm a one-trick pony!!!

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Jennifer, I've started taking classes and am no expert, but here's a little of what I've leaed.
        The ones that you are looking at (Ciao) cost less, but hold less ink and come in fewer colors, maybe a good idea if you want to try them out.
        The next ones up (Sketch) hold more ink and come in all colors (that's what I have).
        And then there are the Original (square) ones, holding a lot more ink.
        So. If you're not sure, you may want to try the Ciao.
        If you know that you are going to use that one a lot, the Original is a good idea.
        The sketch is sort of the Baby Bear, not too big, not too small, but just right. (That's how my instructor puts it.)
        All markers are refillable. You can do it yourself if you're patient and don't mind buying a refill that will probably last a lifetime. Or, if there is a dealer nearby, you can probably get it done there. My LSS charges $2 a pop, which is very reasonable.

As for which colors: I'm getting mine through the classes, 3 shades of a color at a time, depending on the class, so I can't really advise you about starter kits.

What you may want to do is to see what other people are using.
        Here's the Heartfelt Creations blog: http://www.heartfeltcreations.us/blog/ several of the posters give specific Copic #'s
        Wild Orchids: http://wildorchidcrafts.blogspot.com/ same
        and Copic's tips section http://www.copicmarker.com/tutorials

Hope this helps a little…

Wow..thanks Peggy! Believe it or not..makes more sense to me now..TFS!

Snagg1
          Send PM

Wow Peg~ That is a lot of info woman!

I have not yet given into the Copic Monster; not that I haven't wanted to. LOL

I wont get started..To expensive..I would have to buy to many.

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

i looked at them on ebay one day…some huge sets for decent prices compared to local stores around here
            I may pick up one here and there but ya they are spendy

craftysprinkles
            Swirly Scrapper
              Send PM

Yep I think ebay is the way to go. But still…OUCH. I really want to lea how to use them though.

Krissy
              Krissy
              Swirly Admin
                Send PM

does M's carry them and you can use a coupon?

Krissy
                Krissy
                Swirly Admin
                  Send PM

I've got the Copic bug and the sketch ones can be used for their airbrush attachment, but if you want to try them the Ciao are the way to go.
                  I was able to take a couple of classes at prior Scrapbook Expos (theres another one in August in Santa Clara, CA) and they are offering the classes. Leaing to blend is key and I would buy the colors you are going to use the most. The copic website is awesome.

Krissy
                  Krissy
                  Swirly Admin
                    Send PM

I love copics and I am thankful I was able to take the certification. It's like painting to me but with markers. I personally like the sketch better due to the shape of the marker and the nib. It's easier to hold for me. I say buy the colors you would use the most due to cost. And yes you can airbrush with them. Always remember you can add to your collection.

craftysprinkles
                    Swirly Scrapper
                      Send PM

I've got the Copic bug and the sketch ones can be used for their airbrush attachment, but if you want to try them the Ciao are the way to go.
                      I was able to take a couple of classes at prior Scrapbook Expos (theres another one in August in Santa Clara, CA) and they are offering the classes. Leaing to blend is key and I would buy the colors you are going to use the most. The copic website is awesome.

I forgot to mention the airbrush attachment, awesome effects!!!!

craftysprinkles
                      Swirly Scrapper
                        Send PM

I wont get started..To expensive..I would have to buy to many.

Lisa, like I said, I'm buying 3 at a time & the instructor http://inrosiesbook.blogspot.com/ is awesome, so I don't mind the !amazed $32 per class fee. Also, Scrappers Cove gives you a 10% discount of all purchases made while attending a class, whether or not it's related to the lesson.

craftysprinkles
                        Swirly Scrapper
                          Send PM

Oozak.com has them for 38-40% off with free shipping! Weeeeeeeeeeee let the enabling begin!!! 🙂

craftysprinkles
                          Swirly Scrapper
                            Send PM

Forgot to mention you have to register and LOGIN to get the lower price!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.