Home Forums Non Scrap Chat Just Stuff Crafts for kids???

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Krissy Krissy 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Does anyone have some good craft sites for older kids ages 9-12??? I have so many art books but that's more paint/drawing techniques and when I go to bookstores and look online it's all crafts geared to younger kids. I will have 4-6 kiddos here EVERY day this summer and need fresh ideas. I got a few good ones like washable war paint before we head to the lake (a block from my house), kool-aid tie die shirts (we made puff paint sun hats last year – so cute) and I'm buying a few bouncy ball and soap making kits from Michaels… BUT I have 2 months of days to fill. It was so much easier when they were smaller and finger painting was a big deal. My 9 – year old is all about inventing robots and stuff so he needs way more stimulation than paint. HELP!!!

craftysprinkles
    Swirly Scrapper
      Send PM

Ouch, that IS a hard age.
      How about some of the inexpensive woodcraft items from M's? Birdhouses, frames, boxes, plus cheap acrylic paint, flowers for the pretty, screws, nuts, bolts, etc for grunge, that may keep them occupied for a bit.

craftysprinkles
      Swirly Scrapper
        Send PM

Good idea, Peggy! I like all the foam stuff they have too.

craftysprinkles
        Swirly Scrapper
          Send PM

Vicky, this weekend, they have all Crayola products 40% off; that's markers and sidewalk chalk and all sorts of stuff.
          Rae, I never thought of foam, great idea.

Great ideas ladies… just found this for anyone out there with kids off for the entire summer and need ideas beyond coloring pages, LOL…
          http://www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/recipes/index.htm

Krissy
          Krissy
          Swirly Admin
            Send PM

Wow you are going to be busy Vicky. My grandson is 9 and my granddaughter is 13, so when they come up for three weeks in the summer we spend a lot of time at the lake or at the ocean beach collecting goodies, then i week of that we go camping with friends. I was lucky last year because the two little girls next door were spending lots of time with them so that kept them pretty occupied. They also both like scrapbooking with me so that helps out cause I get scrappy time while they're here, lol.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.